The process of selection at IIM-K consists of a Writing Task followed by a Personal Interview.
Feedback - Writing Task
Average Duration : 30 mins
- What is the measure of success for a man or for that matter for a woman
- Intuition is the most valuable thing
- Reality is an illusion, but a persistent one
- Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological Criminal
- Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted
- Life has no meaning. Rather, it has a meaning which we don't understand
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration : 15 mins
No. of Panelists : 3
- Excerpts From Interview 1: Introduce yourself. You must have got other calls? What all? Good, let's assume and hope you convert more than one, how will decide your preference? That's a stupid reason; if I say that there is an IIM in London you will go to London then. You are an engineer. Tell us why were numbers introduced? Ok, can you quantify qualitative things? Do you drink alcohol? How is it prepared? So is there any distillation b/w distillation and brewing? Is scotch distilled? Do you know which company makes Kingfisher? Ok suppose you are Manmohan Singh, will you ever go for a scheme like NREGA? Do you know what free rider problem is? Are you even serious about IIMs? If yes Why?
- Excerpts From Interview 2: Can I see your interview sheet? So, you are working in Indian Overseas Bank, what is your job all about? What kind of loans you give? Difference between semi urban, urban and rural advances? How will you classify them? Suppose you have a balance sheet of an SME company, how will you decide whether to finance the company or not? Tell us the functioning of RBI, who is the current governor of RBI? What are CRR, Repo Rate, Reverse Repo Rate and Bank Rate, how they are used by RBI? Suppose I am a layman how will you make me understand what a Subprime crisis is? Tell five continuous Distributions (Academics). What is Normal Distribution and its characteristic? Draw a Normal Distribution curve. Suppose 100 people are waiting in a counter for a bus, what distribution will you apply? You are well established in the banking domain, then why MBA now? That too regular course? You should opt for IIM K's IDL (Interactive Distance learning) Executive course, that will suit you more. You are working in Baramati, it comes under which constituency and who are the MPs and MLAs?? What kind of companies are there? Give some knowledge about the city. Tell us the names of some investment banks? What is the full form of SAARC? Name its member countries
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.
Other GDPI Preparation Links: