The selection process at IIM A consists of an Essay Writing (WAT) followed by a Personal Interview.
Feedback- Essay Writing/Case Study
Average Duration: 15-30 mins
No. of Participants: 7
- Case Study: Entrepreneurship in India.
- A college event which has changed you as a person.
- Case Study based GD: Village has all amenities, crop failure, loan on cash, minister help. What as farmers could be done? (ABM)
- Case Study: remote village – community farming – involving. Discuss. (IIM A-ABM)
- Case Study: RBI initiative to pull out of circulation the old currency.
- Essay Topic: Historical monument which made you thinks out of the mundane.
- Write an essay on a mathematician/historian that has inspired you.
- Case Study: GPS System – Boon or Bane – Should it be moderated or allowed freely in the market.
- Case Study based on legalization of marijuana in India.
- Which cartoon character has inspired you the most (100 words).
- RBI has asked to return old notes. Underlying reasons? What can make it more effective in getting this exercise? Historical monument that has inspired you.
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration: 15-25 mins.
No. of Panelists: 2
- Excerpts From Interview 1: (A 98.98%iler in CAT with B. Tech in Food Technology with profile as 8.04 (CGPA) graduation having 78% in 12th and 92.8% in 10th). Food preservation. Arvind Kejriwal – Awards, RTI, Activist, History? Inflation, Gold and Oil imports, Forex, Rupee depreciation? Ukraine-Russia Issue? Heat exchangers?
Genetically modified crops. (BT Brinjal etc.). Food preservation, packaging, heat and cold treatment? Food companies (Pepsico, Haldiram), Indra Nooyi. Why ABM – food surplus – food security, storage? Hobbies-dancing (free style), photography (SLR, DSLR, Shutter, Lens, Best Brand)? Current Affairs – Elections, Sahara issue. (IIM A-ABM Interview)
- Excerpts From Interview 2: (A 81%iler in CAT with non-general category with B. Tech in Bio-Tech with academic profile as 65% in graduation, 85% in 12th and 90.3% in 10th). Introduce yourself? Marketing for Kings XI Punjab? Favourite topics in academic. Recombinations? Stem Cells? Theory of evolution? Hobbies-football. Football World Cup 2018 where – Australia? Which one would you choose IIM-A (ABM) or IIM I?
- Excerpts from Interview 3: (A 99.96%iler in CAT with work experience of 10 months and graduation in Mechanical with CGPA 9.48, 87% in 12th and 94.7% in 10th). Tell something not in the form. Economic reforms in India. Women in 3rd world development? HDI? Public – Pvt Partnership. Target of India’s disinvestment. Role in future’s first – Difference in futures and forwards and options. What are options – types? (All these are financial contracts). Is trading ethically wrong? Defend yourself. (Speculations). Hobbies – (Book – non – fiction).
- Excerpts From Interview 4: (A 99.54%iler in CAT with 4 year of work experience in different fields). Home town – Controversies surrounding CM. Favourite extracurricular activity when away from work, what do you like to make time for – (watch football) – favourite club? Business model? Describe job profile – Marketing? Favourite subject from graduation – Ratan Tata has been quoted to say that Tata Nano was not marketed properly – comment on that?
- Excerpts From Interview 5: (A 86.95%iler in CAT with general category (physically handicapped) with CGPA 8.57 in B.Tech, 89.6% in 12th and 93.6% in 10th). Background? Engineering logical set of equations and draw a gate (Digital Electronics). Moores Law – detail? Appliances in your room which are electronics embedded system in the room – example? Discussion of the essay (G.P.S) what are your views on it?
- Excerpts From Interview 6: (A 99.09%iler in CAT with CGPA 9.53 in Aeronautical Engineering (PEC), 94.6% in 12th, 93% in 10th). What is your role in art and photography by club in college? Why are so many students here from PEC? Is it a good college? Calculate the sum total of all elements in a Sudoku Grid. What is a magic square? Can the runway length be made zero in an aircraft? What is the speed of a commercial aircraft? Why not continue in aeronautical? What would you suggest to Air India on an operational basis?
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.