The process of selection at IIM A consists of Essay Writing followed by Personal Interviews.
Feedback - Group Discussion
Average Duration: 10 minutes
- Worsening female to male ration in India
- Financial viability of IPL
- You would not like to be the Prime Minister of India because…
- CAT should go online
Feedback – Personal Interview
Average Duration: 30 minutes
No. of Panelists: 3
- Excerpts From Interview 1: Tell us something about yourself? What are vectors? How do you add two vectors? How vectors multiplied and what are are its applications? Name the different tournaments of lawn tennis. What is the difference between a manager and a leader? Where is Ahmadabad in Gujarat?
- Excerpts From Interview 2: Introduce yourself. Describe the role that you will play after your management degree.Being from the medical background, can you name a few corporate hospitals? Describe the corporate structure of Apollo Hospitals. Name a few countries which have a better sex ratio than India. Why MBA.Describe the analogy between a heart surgeon and a manager.
- Excerpts From Interview 3: Elaborate upon your knowledge of mobile communications. Does only one base station cater to all the customers? How does the signal work when I move from one area to the other? What is a bus in computer terminology? What do you mean by a 64 bit computer? Do you have knowledge about assembly languages? Following this questions on general knowledge which ranged from Pakistan politics to Terrorist attacks in Glasgow. After this, questions on extracurricular activities.
Overall Feedback - PI
The interviews were exhaustive in nature and all three panelists were picking up specific areas to question from. Very comprehensive in nature and requires good preparation.
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.
Other GDPI Preparation Links: