The selection process at IIM A consists of Essay Writing followed by a Personal Interview.
Feedback - Essay
Average Duration: 40 mins
No. of Panelists: 2
- India v/s Bharat- a divided nation.
- FDIs in Educational Institutes.
- Layoffs can give a new direction.
- India needs US in the present times.
- Asian Union- is it possible?
- Concerns over child labor is a mischievous ploy by western economic interests
Average Duration: 20 mins
No. of Panelists: 3
- Excerpts From Interview 1: What does Sushant mean? There is an ocean whose name is similar in meaning to Sushant. (candidate said Prashant). So what does Prashant mean? Can you name the rivers around Surat? (candidate was from Surat). Where do they originate? Can u name some rivers which sink in Arabian Sea and some which sink in Bay of Bengal? So where do the north Indian rivers like Satluj, Beas etc sink? Where does Ganga sink? Did you write CAT earlier? So did you see an improvement? Are you in favor of introducing more IIMs/IITs? What did you read last? Who can win the booker prize? Any other literary award? What is a sine wave? Actually sine wave is theta on x-axis, what is the case in AC signal? What is DC? Draw it. What is the difference between the use of AC and DC motor? (Asked him to pick up toffees) (There was Alpenliebe and Chlormint)
- Excerpts From Interview 2: Tell us about yourself. Since you are so strong in Math, define geometrically what is tangent to a curve at a Point. Explain in terms of single common point, and rotating the line. Name a curve which is continuous not differentiable. What is quantum computing? What limits the storage and speed capacity of hardware? What are genetic computers? Have you heard about it? Define NP hard. How will you convert the optimization TSP to decision TSP? What was your JEE rank? Asked about Tata Nano controversy. Have you secured a job in college placements?
- Excerpts From Interview 3: What is the meaning of your name? Meaning of your father's name? Tell us the history of Nagpur. (candidate belongs to Nagpur) Do you watch cricket? Which cricket matches do you watch? T-20, 1 day or Test match. How are players valued in T-20? Any parameters? Did West Indies come in the subcontinent in the past year? You're an electrical engineer. What is Sy Quest plot? What is input output in a radio system? But output is sound, how can you divide it? Can you tell me what is Bode plot? You are into final stage of CA? That means you wasted one engineering seat. How many attempts at CAT did you take? Will you join your father's firm? How is this MBA going to help you? What is your core competency? You like to work out right? Body building and all? Tell us some Indians who're into body building. Tell us some Olympics, Asiads. Do you read?
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.
Other GDPI Preparation Links: