The selection process at IIM A consists of Essay followed by Personal Interview.
Feedback - Essays
Average Duration: 15 minutes.
No. of Panelists: 3
- Educational System is quelling creativity in Indian children.
- Obama will bring change, but only to USA.
- Professional management is a mere rhetoric in family run businesses.
- Should Nehru's temples of learning remain elitist?
- Indian women should take up their husbands' surname after marriage.
- Reading pure science is a waste of time.
- NGOs are yet to get their due in Indian society.
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration: 15-20 minutes.
No. of Panelists: 3
- Excerpts From Interview 1: What are your job responsibilities? Can you describe how Private Banking works? When was the first computer invented? What exactly do you mean by a computer? Do you know what is Abacus? Where was Abacus used? Tell us something about the major advancements in the field of computers in 1970s? When was Microsoft founded? Which college did Bill Gates graduate from? Who was his founding partner? What are the challenges that we face today in taking computers to every village?What is the process of converting solar energy to electrical energy called? Why was Sri Lanka in news recently?
- Excerpts From Interview 2: What does your name mean? Since you are from Goa, can you tell us the approximate no. of years for which the Portuguese ruled India? Are you sure that they ruled till 1969? Did any major event take place in the year 1962? Which areas of India were former colonies of the Portuguese? Why did you pick up a job as a derivatives trader after doing electronics engineering? What is the difference between meltdown and recession? When was the last time that US faced such a situation? How would you describe volatility in stock markets? Have you heard about variance and standard deviation?
- Excerpts From Interview 3: Can you describe what a convex function is? What is a linear transform? What is an affine transform? Can you check primes in polynomial time? Can you check composites in polynomial time? Can you prove that
PCP is not solvable? What can you tell us about the infrastructure industry in India? What was the major event which took place w.r.t. public transport recently? How was this year's budget different from other budgets?
- Excerpts From Interview 4: Why does Nokia sell its software to your company? Is it not a disadvantage for them? What is the difference between mobile OS and the one used in personal computers? What is statistical communication theory?
What is Wi-Fi? What are your views on the auction of 3G spectrum? What are the reasons for its delay? What are the
disadvantages of the auction of 3G spectrum?
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.
Other GDPI Preparation Links: