The process of selection at IMT consists of a Case study based Group Discussion, Written Ability Test (WAT), which is a summary of case study and Personal Interview.
Feedback- Group Discussion with case study
Average Duration : 10 mins.
No. of Panelists : 2
No. of Participants: 14
- Are Beauty Contests Degrading Womanhood?
- True success of a B-school is in creating entrepreneurs, not employees.
- Climate Change is hyped and not the reality
- Is economic growth of India over-estimated?
- Social Tools are becoming a social challenge rather than an aid.
Feedback- Essay/Summary Writing
Average Duration : 2-5 mins.
- WAT – summary of case study
IMT Ghaziabad - Interview Experiences
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration : 15 mins.
No. of Panelists : 2
- Excerpts from Interview 1 : Introduce yourself? Hobbies? Projects in graduation? Current affairs? (Obama’s visit) What are your views on climate? 5 CEOs? Indian CEOs? 5 MBA books? 5 companies with Indian origin? Family background? Why should we select you? 2nd law of thermodynamics? Specialization? How would you apply MBA concepts to sports?
- Excerpts from Interview 2 : Please introduce yourself. What is your role in the NGO? (Mentioned about working with an NGO) Question on time complexity in algorithms. What are your hobbies? Why photography? Which camera do you use? Questions on aperture and ISO. What will you capture in this room? Why MBA?
- Excerpts from Interview 3 : Tell us about yourself. Discussion on project in graduation. (Cross questioning) Tell me where have you travelled (hobby)? Why do you want to do MBA? Did you get a job through campus? What do your parents do?
- Excerpts from Interview 4 : (A 95.7%iler in CAT currently working as a Manager in power sector with M.tech in Mechanical. Graduation score 74%, 84.6% in 12th and 85.6% in 10th). Tell us something about your family? Where do you come from? Tell us something about that place? What are your hobbies and interests? What do you do? Why are you working in a small city? Work profile based questions? Justify the 3-month gap in jobs. What is your current package? You will be sacrificing 2 years of salary. Why do you want to do MBA? Have you appeared for CAT earlier? What was your percentile? Kejriwal vs Bedi – who would you choose? Why?
- Excerpts from Interview 5 : (A 95.40%iler in CAT) How do you pronounce your name? Any specific reason for this name? Tell me about your work profile. Are you happy with your job? Why MBA then? What kind of profile do you seek after MBA? What is a difference between an Investment Bank and a chit fund? Heard of Saradha Scam? What is it all about? Can you name some other chit-fund frauds? Do you invest in shares? What all shares have you bought? Why? Current prices of some of the stocks. Which shares would you recommend me at this time? Which sector should I target? Why? On what basis have you purchased this share? Which share did you buy recently? Why? Shall I buy? What's the price? What all places have you travelled? (hobbies) Which states are called the Seven Sisters? So, you are a freelance writer? (hobbies) What is marketing? Is a guy selling newspapers at a stall doing marketing? Why not? What else should he do? Name any Marketing guru. What all calls have you got? What does your father do? From where did Homeopathy come? Why didn't you opt for medical?
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.
Other GDPI Preparation Links: