The process of selection at IMT consists of a written communication test and a Personal Interview.
Feedback - Written Communication Test
Average Duration : 30 mins
- A person had a secure, steady job which he left and took over a loss making gas station with a built in commercial store for business purpose. It's been 3 months of running this loss making Gas station and now he wants to utilize the empty space available at his place to make his business profitable. Suggest a few ideas to this person.
- X and Y are two females who started a joint venture Y, a boutique. The business started off well. After 14 months of their successful business venture, decided that she wanted to move out in order to pursue some other interests. Y is an integral part of their business and is well aware of most of the core requirements in their business. Y decides in order for her to stay, X should give up her majority stake in the venture. X is in a conundrum." Candidates had to suggest the following for the above two.
1. Title 2. Statement 3. Your Analysis 4. Alternative 1: a)pros b) cons Alternative 2: a)pros b)cons 5. Recommended Solution
IMT Ghaziabad - Interview Experiences
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration : 10-15 mins
No. of Panelists : 3
- Excerpts From Interview 1 : So you like reading, what kind of books do you read? What was the last book that you read? So you found this book absurd. Why? What philosophical conflicts did you have with this book's content? Let's assume, you've been made the VP at your company, what measures are you going to take to check the high attrition rate that is evidently visible? Ok, I see a lot of your certificates are ranging from 1998 to 2002, what happened after that? Why is there no other achievement after that? Why an Entrepreneur? Why Finance over Marketing? Any questions you'd like to ask?
- Excerpts From Interview 2 : You are from which place? What does your father do? Is that a district? How many districts are there in Haryana? You are a computer engineer, who is the leader in ERP? Where is data stored? So how many tables are required for a project? SAP vs Oracle APPs? So how data is retrieved? Is a language always required? What is XML, why is it used? What are your favorite subjects? MS access is RDBMS or what? Who is the Governor of Haryana? Why is it called Computer Science Engineering, explain? Tell me two things about your college you like and two things you hate.
- Excerpts From Interview 3 : How many states in India? Why is Chandigarh a UT? What is the capital of Meghalaya? What is the capital of Lakshadweep, Gujarat, Dadra and Nagar Haveli? So you say you are good in Math. What is 65 square? Who heads TCS? (Candidate was a computer engineer) Is he an MBA? Why do you need an MBA degree?
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.
Other GDPI Preparation Links: