The process of selection at IMT consists of a Case study based Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
Feedback - Group Discussion And Summary Writing
Average Duration : 25 mins.
No. of Panelists : 3
No. of Participants : 13
- A 4 year old employee is not performing well for 4 years because of personal problems. Earlier colleagues were helping him they are also not supporting him. If you join in as a manager, what would you do?
- A female employee takes i-Pod to her work and keeps on listening to music at the cost of interaction with her colleagues. She is introvert. What would you do?
- A senior employee comes late to work and leaves back early from the office. His juniors are also following the same trend. What will you do in such situation?
- You are manager of a department where an employee's performance has been below par for 2 years due to problems at home. How will you deal with it now?
- AICTE has proposed a distance education for engineering courses. Practical teaching would be hindered but it would be helpful for students having less resources. Discuss.
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration : 15-20 mins
No. of Panelists : 2
- Excerpts From Interview 1 : (A 90.13 CAT percentiler B.Tech. ECE student having 10th -86, 12th- 87.6 and Engineering-76.1%. The candidate had a stress interview for 15 mins. in Hindi). Your name is too strange, what should we call you? What do you want to do here? Aren't you satisfied with your placement? Why IMT Ghaziabad? What are your aspirations? What does RBI do? What is Nifty? What is Sensex? Name any other stock exchange market?
- Excerpts From Interview 2 : (A 92.27 CAT percentiler B.Tech CSE student with 10th -85%, 12th- 65% and Engineering-68%. The candidate had travelled from Kanyakumari to Leh). Introduce Yourself? What is the distance between Kanyakumari and Leh? Where will the 46 number seat on a 2tier AC train be? What makes you angry and how do you control your anger? Why MBA?
- Excerpts From Interview 3 : (A 98.36 CAT percentiler B.Tech. CSE student with 10th -86%, 12th-80% and Engineering-82% and likes watching reality shows and playing badminton). Why didn't you speak in GD? Why haven't you worked after completing your engineering in 2012? Was fighting of Gulabi Gang member in big boss a right action at that time? What you would have done if put in the same condition? What is your take on women empowerment? Who are the players of badminton? Difference between C++ and JAVA?
- Excerpts From Interview 4 : (A 91.5 percentiler B.E. Biotech. Student with 10th -90%, 12th-71% and Engineering-76% and has 2 years of work experience in the field of information technology). How is RDNA helping parents and children? How is ERP and SAP helping companies? What is your career goal? Why HR after dong Biotech and IT? How do you relate Biotech to your work? What are the issues of global concern in today's world?
- Excerpts From Interview 5 : (A 95.54 percentiler B.Tech. CSE student from Punjab with 10th -91%, 12th- 83.6% and Engineering-70.2%). Tell us something about yourself that is not mentioned in the form. Who is the chief minister of Haryana? What is Punjab known for? How would you rate IMT G's website? What did you observe about it? What improvements can be done in the website? What is cloud computing? How does it work? Can it be hacked? What happens to the data in the cloud?
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.