The process of selection at IMT consists of a Case study based Group Discussion, WAT (summary of case study) and Personal Interview.
Feedback- Group Discussion with case study
Average Duration : 10 mins.
No. of Panelists : 2
No. of Participants : 14
- Case Study – New employee – target 90% achieved, your boss still happy, fellows jealous, tackle?
- Is Google search engine quelling innovation?
- FB & Twitter have changed the recruiting process. Is this practice right/wrong?
- Treated like king/queen C3 of high fees.
- Case Study – Treating MBA teachers as sellers and students as customers
Feedback- Essay/Summary Writing
Average Duration: 2-5 mins.
- WAT – summary of case study
IMT Ghaziabad - Interview Experiences
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration: 15 mins.
No. of Panelists: 2
- Excerpts from Interview 1 : (A 97.91%iler in CAT with a background of Mech. Engg. (Production) in 82%, 74% in 12th and 86% in 10th). Name 3 CM’s with states? Hobby-watching TV & learning new things. How a train moves? What is Production Engineering? Where is it used? What is difference between production & operations? What speciality? Family background? Name any 3 big newspapers & big channels? Who is the Vice President of India?
- Excerpts from Interview 2 : (A 95.32%iler in CAT with 211 score in NMAT with profile as 72.7% in ECE, 69.2% in 12th and 85.2 in 10th). Tell how a TV works? 2G, 3G, 4G (Difference 900 Mhz & 1800 Mhz) because of auctions in news. Swimming – Michael Phelps.
- Excerpts from Interview 3 : (A 98.93%iler in CAT, 96.07 in XAT and 97 in SNAP with B.Tech in ECE with academic profile as CGPA 8.05 in Graduation, 88% in 12th and 94.8% in 10th). Introduce? Why IMT? Hobbies – public speaker – speak about (Arvind Kejriwal being only a 49 day CM).
- Excerpts from Interview 4 : (A 99.09%iler in CAT and 97.4 in SNAP with B.Tech in Mechanical with academic profile as 78.5% in Graduation, 83% in 12th and 95.2% in 10th). What is the G.D.P. growth rate of India? Final Year project? Something about Chandigarh? Recent novel – little detail?
- Excerpts from Interview 5 : (A 97.91%iler in CAT with 2 years of work experience with graduation in B.Com and CA (Inter) and CS (Executive) and academic profile as 76% in Graduation, 86% in 12th and 92% in 10th). Why interview early? Describe outside form (you). Labour Laws? Labour Inspector in your industry. Minimum wage Act? Wages of your workers? Tell about business. Spectacles catchy.
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.
Other GDPI Preparation Links: