The process of selection at IMT consists of Group Discussions followed by Personal Interviews.
Feedback - Group Discussion
Average Duration : 15 minutes.
No. of Panelists : 3
- Should a service sector like transport be left totally to market forces?
- Should doctors be tried in consumer courts?
- The Rupee One Lakh Car should be banned in India.
- India is less vulnerable to economic recession.
- Is management degree essential to be a manager?
- Consumer is the king in today's market.
- India should attack Pakistan in order to retaliate for Mumbai terror attacks.
- Can reservation in Institutions be shown as an area of social responsibility?
- Industrialization should not be done at the cost of agricultural land.
- Capitalism is flawed but other systems are much worse.
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration : 10-12 minutes.
No. of Panelists : 3
- Excerpts From Interview 1 :How many calls do you have? Which institute would you like to join out of all these? Why? Why have you not received a call from IIM A? If you are sitting in a group task as a member of management team, how would you participate & how would you reuse your point? What would you want to do 5 years down the line? What business does you father have? How would MBA help you in running your father's business? What was your contribution in “Help age India”?
- Excerpts From Interview 2 : Tell us something about yourself? Tell us about the Satyam fiasco in details? What is your take on it? How do you view it as an employee? Explain your job responsibilities? How is the IT industry performing in the wake of the current economic recession? What is java? n How is it different from C and C++? Explain inheritance and polymorphism? Who developed Java? Why do you want to pursue MBA? You have done your engineering in electronics and picked up a job in the IT Sector. Why so?
- Excerpts From Interview 3 : What is Mu-Sigma? (company in which the candidate worked) You are a mechanical engineer and you are in analytics. Does your engineering help you in your job? What is analytics? What is business intelligence? Do you know there is BO and there is BI? What is the difference between the two? What is cosmology? What is the latest news about the space industry? Do you have any others calls? What if you convert them all?
- Excerpts From Interview 4 : What is the annual revenue that your company generates? Who is expected to be the next CEO of your company? On which technology do you work? Do you know the Java language well? Why do you want to do MBA? What specialization do you want to take? Why IMT? What are your hobbies? What kind of books do you read?
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.
Other GDPI Preparation Links: