The process of selection at IMI consists of Essay Writing, Psychometric Test, Extempore and Personal Interview.
Feedback - Essay Writing
Average Duration : 20 mins.
Word Limit: 250 words
- Food shortage in India is manmade.
- Parliamentary democracy is obstructing the growth of India.
- Incredible India tourism campaign.
- Social networking- A waste of time for youth.
Feedback - Psychometric Test
Average Duration: 15 mins.
Process: Different kinds of questions were given and were to be answered on a Likert scale, a very common psychometric test procedure.
Feedback - Extempore
Average Duration : 2 mins.
No. of Panelists : 2
It is conducted during the interviews only.
- A professional manager must be aware of business environment.
- If you were a pencil.
- Waiting leads to irritation, boredom and frustration, how can you overcome it?
- FDI in retail.
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration : 25-30 mins
No. of Panelists : 3
- Excerpts From Interview 1 : (A 89.84 CAT percentiler B.Com. student with 90.6% in 10th, 93.8% in 12th and 80% in B.Com and belongs to a family of wholesale business). Introduce yourself? Had you been the finance minister what would have been your take on budget? What are the principles of management? Difference between efficiency and effectiveness? Would you like to join father's business or job? Do you have banking knowledge? Which is the best private sector bank and public sector bank? What is repo rate and reverse repo rate and what will be the effect of increasing SLR?
- Excerpts From Interview 2 : (A 98.36 CAT percentiler with 86% in 10th, 80% in 12th and 82% in B.Tech and likes playing badminton).Why is real estate called real? Which god will you associate with third eye? What are your hobbies? What is the weight of shuttle cock? Name 5 CEO's? What's the contribution of various sectors to GDP? On what parameters will you select a college for MBA? Tell us about mean, median and mode?
- Excerpts From Interview 3 : (A 96.14 CAT percentiler with 10th -71%, 12th -71%, Electrical and electronics –69% and has work experience of 42 months with a reputed IT company and hails from Allahabad). Introduce yourself. What your father does? What is your job profile? Why MBA? Why do you want to leave IT? Which other calls do you have? Why do you want to join our college? What management lessons can you learn from Kumbh mela? What are your hobbies? What are your views on Arindham Chaudhry's controversy? What are your weaknesses?
- Excerpts From Interview 4 : (A 97.97 CAT percentiler with 10th -89%, 12th-86% and B.Tech. CSE -76.5%. He had gone to Andamans for vacation). You have a job and you are to get a contract, but the person will give contract only in the condition of giving 2% of commission, What will you do in such a situation? From where Punjab got its name? Tell us about Sikhism? How far is Andaman and Nicobar from Chandigarh?
- Excerpts From Interview 5 : (A 97.7 CAT percentiler with 10th -83%, 12th-84% and B.Tech. Mechanical -68.51% and has worked with JCBL). What is the difference between helicopter and airbus? What is PSU? Is it centrally owned or state government owned? What about Indian Railway? What are Nordic countries and Scandinavian countries? What countries surround Switzerland?