The process of selection at IMI consists of Group Discussions followed by Personal Interviews.
Feedback - Group Discussion
Average Duration : 15 minutes.
No. of Panelists :
- Are we really serious about protecting our environment/ wildlife
- MNC's are devils in disguise.
- Reservation for Women
- Should youth be engaged in the politics
- Food is more important than Ethics
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration : 10 minutes.
No. of Panelists: 3
- Excerpts From Interview 1 : Introduce yourself. Why do you want to pursue MBA? Would you join IMI if you get selected? What all calls do you have? What do you do in your leisure time? What do you normally surf on the net? Who owns the Chandigarh team of IPL?
- Excerpts From Interview 2 : Questions based on work experience and the organization worked with. What problems will you face in establishing any industry in your home state Bihar? What type of business would you want to start? Would you choose a labor intensive or a capital intensive industry? Why do you want to pursue MBA even though a no. of established entrepreneurs are not MBAs. Questions on the newspapers read. Questions based on hobbies and interests.
- Excerpts From Interview 3 : What do you mean by strengthening of rupee? Did you read today's newspaper? Calculate the cost of your study in IMI on paper? Why do you think the IT sector is showing such robust growth? Which other calls do you have? How is the process of selection at IMI different from that of other colleges?
Overall Feedback - PI
The interview was general in nature and the interviewers focused more upon the general motivation of the candidates for doing MBA. There were not many questions on academics. Clarity of goals was given a lot of focus.
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.
Other GDPI Preparation Links: