The process of selection at KJ Somaiya consists of Essay Writing, Group Discussion, Personal Interview and Extempore.
Feedback- Essay Writing
Average Duration : 15 mins.
Word Limit : 200-300 words
- Global warming, greenhouse effect, its impact on people and the steps taken by the government. Is global warming a threat to people in coastal areas or entire planet earth? What steps can the government and industries take to avert the consequences? Excessive use of resources like petrol and diesel impacts people who do not use it. How can this act be justified?
- Swachh Bharat Campaign. 3 Questions on the same.
- It was a case about the role and position of women in the current business scenario. It had a successful woman entrepreneur and the questions revolved around possible recipe of her success and how women should learn from her.
Feedback- Group Discussion
Average Duration : 90 Sec/person + 10 mins.
No. of Participants : 15
No. of Panelists : 15
Topics : Same as given for the Essay Writing.
Feedback- Personal Interview
Average Duration : 10-20 mins.
No. of Panelists : 2
- Excerpts from Interview 1 : (A BCA graduate with 89.19% in CAT and 87.78% in XAT with academic profile as 82.4% in Graduation, 87% in 12th and 93.6% in 10th): What is the meaning of your name? What does your father do? What are good and bad things about your mother being a teacher? Why MBA? Is MBA mandatory for a business set up? Do you read books? Do you read newspapers? 2 reasons for the Naxalist growth in India. Is Modi an autocratic ruler?
- Excerpts from Interview 2 : (A 87.95 percentiler in CAT, 95.22 percentiler in CMAT with 77.4% in Graduation 88.28% in 10th, 80% in 12th) Please introduce yourself. Tell us something about yourself apart from academics. Have you read the budget? What is it about? Questions on football. (Hobby) Questions on work experience with the NGO.
- Excerpts From Interview 3: Please introduce yourself. You have studied English Literature, right? How would you put what you learnt into the context of the current world that we live in? Since you want to take up HR, how would you select a football team if you were the manager? Questions on cricket. (Hobby)
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.
Other GDPI Preparation Links: