The process of selection at KJ Somaiya consists of Essay Writing, Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
KJSIM - Interview Experiences
Feedback- Essay Writing
Average Duration : 15 mins.
Words : 200-300
- London Olympics – will it bring laurels to India?
- Impact of management on the Indian Society.
- Impact of IT on the Indian Society
- What should the Indian govt. concentrate more on: primary, secondary or higher education?
- Foreign channels and programmes should be controlled and monitored.
Feedback- Group Discussion
Average Duration : 90 Sec./person + 10 mins. Extempore.
No. of Panelists :15
No. of Participants : 15
- Education at Grassroots in India (Facts given: About Primary School Education, Govt.Initiatives, Mid day meals, Right to education)
- Crowd outsourcing – issues and challenges.
- A case on education and innovation (Facts given about brain drain + Mid day meal + Sarva Shiksha abhiyaan).
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration : 10-15 mins.
No. of Panelists : 2
- Excerpts From Interview 1 (A 90.5 CAT percentiler, with 74% in 10th, 75% in 12th and 84% in B.E Mechanical and no work-ex and interest in finance) : What did you learn as a student of mechanical engineer? Which specialization are you interested in and why this specialization? Monetary Policy & Fiscal Policy difference? What do you mean by liquidity and inflation? Why MBA? Difference between manager & leader?
- Excerpts From Interview 2 (A 92.5 CAT percentiler, with 79% in 10th, 60% in 12th and 66% in B.Tech. C.S.E. and a work-ex of 4 months) : Why MBA? What do you want to specialize & why? What are your hobbies? ( Photography) How do you define a good/ bad photography? You passed in 2011, why did you leave the job after 4 months? Which other calls do you have?
- Excerpts From Interview 3 (A 93.4 CAT percentiler, with decreasing trend in academics and no work-ex) : Introduce yourself? Why MBA? Preference of Branch? Your strengths and weakness? Your Achievements? What do you like? Your hobbies? How much time do you take to complete a Sudoku puzzle? Tell us about your father/mother/sister cross questions on them? Tell us about your city?
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.
Other GDPI Preparation Links: