The process of selection at KJ Somaiya consists of Essay Writing, Group Discussion, Personal Interview and Extempore.
Feedback- Essay Writing
Average Duration : 15 mins.
Word Limit : 200-300 words
- India is the no. 1 spammer country when it comes to information.
- Can Indian fashion designers take our Indian culture to the world?
- Can CCD survive in India?
- Lower voter turnout: A blot on democracy?
KJSIM - Interview Experiences
Feedback- Group Discussion
Average Duration: 90 Sec/person + 10 mins.
No. of Participants: 15
No. of Panelists: 15
Topics- Same as given for the Essay Writing.
Feedback- Personal Interview
Average Duration : 10-20 mins.
No. of Panelists : 2
Extempore was conducted during the interviews (30 sec to think and then 1 min to speak).
- Excerpts from Interview 1 : (A BCA graduate with 217 marks in CMAT). Introduce Yourself? What is polymorphism? Define JAVA? What are the different types of inheritance? What are pointers and it’s uses? Why MBA?
- Excerpts from Interview 2 : (A 96.82 CAT percentiler with 86% in 10th, 67% in 12th and 66% in B.Tech. C.S.E.) Introduce yourself? What do you mean by Linux? State two differences between C and C++? What is the meaning of your name?
Extempore : Albert Pinto ko gussa kyu ata hai?
- Excerpts From Interview 3 : (A 93.23 CAT percentiler with 10th -77.52%, 12th -60.40% and B.Tech. Mechanical–8.0 CGPA and is a technical blogger and comes from a business family). What do you mean by SDLC? Which computer language is used for artificial intelligence? What is push and pop operation? What is a stack? Why K.J Somaiya? Why are you sweating?
Extempore : Economic Recession
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.
Other GDPI Preparation Links: