Department of Management Studies (DOMS) is associated with IIT Roorkee, one of the oldest educational institutes of India. DOMS offers a two-year full-time MBA programme, that focuses on core management principles as well as extends dual specialization. It shortlists candidates on the basis of CAT score, and the final admission is determined by the aggregate of weightages allotted to interview performance, CAT score, and work experience. However, for IIT graduates, only the interview round is considered.
The screening rounds for MBA 2022-24were as follows:
- Shortlisting (based on CAT score – except for IIT graduates)
- Personal Interview
A panel of three interviewers asked the candidates about their goals, personal values, academics, work experience, etc. The duration of the interviews was short, with most of them being 5-12 minutes each. Some candidates were also given questions to solve. Here are some of the DOMS interview experiences shared by candidates:
Background:B.Tech (Electrical),Work Ex of 4 months
CAT Percentile: 97.68
- What is the meaning of your name?
- Why MBA and not MS/M.Tech?
- Introduce yourself.
- Tell us something about BMW and its history.
- How often do you follow the blogs you have mentioned?
- Do you have any questions for us?
- Pronounce your name.
- Tell me about yourself.
- What did you do after engineering?
- Which course did you do on marketing? Elaborate about it.How do these people do marketing? What is their thinking process? How do you change people's perspectiveson marketing?
IIT Roorkee - Interview Experiences
Background:B.Com (Hons), Fresher
CAT Percentile: 94.24
- Introduce yourself.
- You completed graduation in 2020, thenwhat did you do for the next two years?
- Why are your class 12th grades so low?
- How can you say you are hardworking? How can being a top scorer matter there?
- Which was your favourite subject in graduation? What is marketing management? What is it done for?So, if you don't have goods and services, marketing cannot be done? Can you do marketing for "Go vegan".
Background:B.Tech (Mechanical), Fresher
CAT Percentile: 94.8
- Tell me something about yourself.
- You graduated in 2021, so what were you doing since last year?
- You seem very confident; why do you think that is?
- What is the difference between a leader and amanager?
- What are your hobbies? Who is the highest ODI run-scorer right now?
- Recently, a cricket personality died. Do you know his/her name? And who died the day before?
- Why do you want to do an MBA? Are you sure?
- What concept/subject did you like studying during your graduation?
- What is torque?What is the gear ratio?What is the gear ratio of the first gear? And fourth gear?
- Are you sure you want to do an MBA?
- Tell me something about yourself that is not in your resume.
- Which management subjects did you study in engineering?
- What is venture capital?
- What is the difference between a manager and a leader?
- Why do you need MBA to start a firm? There are some successful entrepreneurs without MBA.
- Who is the founder of OYO? Does he have an MBA degree?
- Is logxan increasing or decreasing curve?
- Can you do the differentiation and integration of log x?
- Perform the differentiation of e^x.