The process of selection at IIT Roorkee consists of Group Discussions and Personal Interviews.
Feedback - Group Discussion
Average Duration : 10 minutes.
No. of Panelists : 2
- Regional Politics: Boon or Bane for India?
- Should there be a global policeman?
- Expensive quality is better than cheap trash
- Will privatization stop electricity theft?
- Customer is always right
- Lalu will be a successful PM
- Should India sign the CTBT?
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration : 15 minutes.
IIT Roorkee - Interview Experiences
No. of Panelists : 3
- Excerpts From Interview 1 : Tell us something about yourself? Why did you not opt for M Tech.? Tell us something about YMCA? (College from where graduation was done)What is the difference between YMCA and YWCA?What is GIS? What is GPS? Do you know anything about Chandrayaan? How many countries have sent satellites to the moon till now? Are you aware of any international events happening nowadays? Are there any Indian nominations this year in the Oscars? If asked to work in IT, which field will you choose? Tell us something about the national and international personalities related to computers? Which international agency has recently honored Mr. Narayan Murthy? Why are your scores in graduation so low?
- Excerpts From Interview 2 : Tell us something about yourself? What is the procedure for opening up your own college? Which all affiliations will you require? What is the difference between a diploma and a certificate course? Which university will you affiliate your college with? What is the difference between MBA and PGDM? Can you tell us about some of the problems that Bihar faces? Is there anything that can be done to address these problems? If given a chance, what would you like to do for the economic development of Bihar? Do you think Mayawati can be an effective Prime Minister? Why do you want to pursue MBA?
- Excerpts From Interview 3 : Tell us something about yourself? So you like football!! Have you heard of EPL?Name some Indian football clubs? Name the highest paid player of EPL? What have you been doing in the last one year? Why did you not work in the last one year since your graduation was completed last year? What were your favorite subjects in engineering? Define metallurgy? What do you mean by leadership? Do you think Shiela Dikshit is a good leader? Why? What are your career goals? Why do you want to do MBA? Tell us something about your family background?
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.
Other GDPI Preparation Links: