The process of selection at IIT Roorkee consists of Group Discussions and Personal Interviews.
Feedback - Group Discussion
Average Duration : 10 mins
No. of Panelists : 2
- Doctors indulging in trafficking of human parts should be given death penalty.
- Should donations to political parties be exempted from Income tax?
- Is e-commerce the best thing for India?
- Should Gandhigiri be adopted by young generation?
- How should India tackle Pakistan?
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration : 15 mins
No. of Panelists : 3
- Excerpts From Interview 1 : Tell us something about yourself? Why MBA? Why don’t you go for M.Tech? Why are you interested in Human Resource management? How your experience of IT field would help you out in HR management? What are your hobbies? Tell us something about Chandigarh? What makes you uncomfortable? Which other colleges have you applied to? Which IIT will you prefer the most for your MBA and why? How many members does IEEE has in India? (student was a member of IEEE) Where are the headquarters of IEEE located?
- Excerpts From Interview 2 : Why MBA and which specialization? What is stress and strain? Explain the difference. Explain the stress curve. What is ultimate stress? What is yield stress? What is entropy and enthalpy? Explain. What is stress management? What do you do to get relieved from stress? Who is your favorite author and which is your favorite book? Tell any quote from the book. What is your view on the controversial authors to get publicity?
- Excerpts From Interview 3 : Which place do you belong to? What is attitude? What is behavior? What is engineering? What are applied sciences? Why is engineering applied science? What is finance? Have you heard about investment banking? Do you invest in the stock markets? What are FIIs and FDIs? Do you think you have leadership qualities? Can you justify it through some examples?
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.
Other GDPI Preparation Links: