The process of selection at IIT Roorkee consists of Group Discussion and Personal Interview
Feedback - Group Discussion
Average Duration : 12 mins.
No. of Panelists : 3
No. of Participants : 8
One topic to be mutually chosen by the group out of two.
- Who is responsible for eve teasing, boys or girls?
- Coca Cola advertisement endorsement by celebrities should be banned.
- Bullet for bullet is a wrong policy.
- Has feminism evolved over years?
- Is budgeting a good exercise?
- Election commission should be more strict?
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration : 15 mins.
No. of Panelists : 3
- Excerpts From Interview 1 (A Fresher B.Tech. C.S.E with consistent 80%+ academics throughout) : Introduce yourself? Why MBA? Your perception of IIT Roorkee and why do you want to join this institute? What is GDP? Are exports included in GDP? What is mortality rate? Which is your dream company? Which sport do you play? (T.T) What is the weight of the TT ball? Name some good players of TT. What is India's rank in T.T.? A situation was given wherein candidate had to choose between two projects both of which had same investment done already but one had increasing ROI and the other one had decreasing ROI.
- Excerpts From Interview 2 (A B.Tech. CSE graduate from Yamunanagar with 70%+ academics throughout and 6 months work – ex as lecturer) : Tell us about Yamunanagar. What is Haryana popular for? Which group does BILT belong to; how is it linked to Yamunanagar. How can you improve the negative aspects of Yamunanagar? Tell us about your academic career? How would you judge your interview?
- Excerpts From Interview 3 (A 97.1 percentiler from Chandigarh with 60%+ graduation and +2 and 85+ 10th marks with interest in Astrophysics and the candidate had converted L.B.S Delhi.) : Introduce yourself? No. of constellations ? 0 degree Celsius equal to how many Kelvins? At what temperature is Celsius and Fahrenheit reading same? Who discovered Kelvin? State the laws of thermodynamics and give equations? What is the area of Chandigarh? What is a UT?
- Excerpts From Interview 4 (A B.Tech. Mechanical engineer scoring 95.42 percentile with 95% 10th and thereby showing a decreasing trend finally 72% graduation) : Introduce yourself? (I like Hindu mythology) Why do we celebrate Holi? What do you know about the Vedas? What does OM signify? How will you apply the theory which you have learnt in graduation? Difference between India, U.S. and Japan? What is Just in time and Kaizen? What happens with overproduction?
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.
Other GDPI Preparation Links: