The process of selection at IIT Roorkee consists of Group Discussion and Personal Interview
Feedback - Group Discussion
Average Duration : 12 mins.
No. of Panelists: 3
No. of Participants: 8
One topic to be mutually chosen by the group out of two.
- MBA in India is highly overrated.
- Morals and values in India are degenerating.
- Bullet for bullet is a wrong policy.
- Government control in higher education is interfering and not required.
- Management education in India.
- Role of ethics in education.
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration : 15 mins.
No. of Panelists : 3
- Excerpts From Interview 1 (A Fresher B.E. Chemical from NIT Durgapur; Work Ex- In a core industry): Introduce yourself? Tell us about your work experience. How your chemical engineering degree will help you in management field? Why do you want to do MBA? What are your hobbies and extracurricular activities? Do you read chemical engineering journals, which one? Do you take interest in financial scenarios too? Comment on the term personal integrity.
- Excerpts From Interview 2: Where is your hometown? What are your work experiences? What are the different products of your company? Why did you change your job? What are your present job opportunities? How was the GD? Why did not you speak? Why could not you speak? Are you taking part in sports and games? What are your interests?
- Excerpts From Interview 3: Introduce yourself. Why do you want to do MBA? What is the condition of present economy? What are your hobbies and extracurricular activities? Was your job plant based or what? What did you study in economics during engineering? Solve the given problem from calculus. Who is the professor of economics in your college? For what, Kanpur is famous? (The candidate was from Kanpur).
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.
Other GDPI Preparation Links: