The process of selection at SIBM consists of a Group Discussion, Extempore and Personal Interview.
Feedback - Group Discussion
Average Duration : 15 mins.
No. of Panelists : 3
No. of Participants: 10-15
- Where do you see India after 20 years?
- Are MBA students moving away from Indian culture?
- Should India follow one child policy?
- Are celebrity endorsements beneficial?
- Private sector vs. Government sector, which one is better.
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration : 15 mins
No. of Panelists : 3
Extempore was conducted during the interview.
Before Interview: SOP form was to be filled that had questions such as: Why do you want to pursue MBA? Name two of your role models with description. How SIBM Bangalore will help you in management career?
- Excerpts From Interview 1: (An M.Tech. CSE student with 97.48 percentile in SNAP and 86.6% in 10th, 77% in 12th and 68% in B. Tech and 68% in M.Tech and 9 months of work experience as language trainer and loves reading). Who are your role models? (From SOP that was required to be filled after the GD) (The student answered Ayn Rand) We don't agree with Ayn Rand's philosophy; convince us to believe in him? (Scenarios related to business ethics were given and the candidate had to analyze and take decision on the situations given). What are your views on Delhi Gang Rape case? What are your views on feminism? The darker side of Online world.
- Excerpts From Interview 2: (A student with 67.7 SNAP percentile and 10th -69%, 12th- 71.4% and Engineering Bio Tech-89.4%). Tell me something which is not there in your resume. Who is your role model? Why Verghese Kurain inspires you? Why not Biotech management? What is spectrometer? What are Dendritic cells? Why you want to go for MBA; tell me the honest reason? Which specialization you want to pursue? Which other interviews you have appeared for or are about to? What would you choose between an IIM and SIBM and why? What is your probability of getting selected in an IIM? Had the world been better!
- Excerpts From Interview 3: (An M.A. English student with 67 SNAP percentile and having 10th -79%, 12th- 76.6% and B.Com. - 62.1% and likes listening music). Introduce yourself. Why you are planning for MBA after masters? What kind of music you listen to? Why do you listen to this kind of music? Name some artists who perform this music? How long you have been listening to it? Tell us something about Punjabi culture? Tell us about Chandigarh? When was it made? How would you describe Chandigarh? Since you are a Punjabi can you explain this paradox; Punjab is the richest state in our country and still has the highest number of female feticide cases. Why SIBM Bangalore? Indian philosophy in the world.
- Excerpts From Interview 4: (A B. Tech. in ECE with 10th -76.4, 12th -79.6, B. Tech. – 69.11% and 97.4 SNAP score with 28 months of IT experience and having lots of extracurricular activities). Why do you want to go for MBA? Why do you want to leave your present organization? ( the candidate is interested in marketing) Would you sell lifebuoy on road, if asked to do so? And why? Would you sell alcohol if asked? Why? Name 3 things that are extinct. Why should we take you even though you are a fresher? What will you add to our college? How will you manage yourself for the cultural change between north and south India? Why should we select you?
- Excerpts From Interview 1 : What do your friends think about you? Why did you choose MBA? One weakness of yours which you converted into a strength. Who is your role model and why? Any event in your life that has impacted you?
- Excerpts From Interview 2 (A B.Tech. student with falling trend of marks and does not have work-ex): Introduce yourself. What are your achievements? What do you want to become - a businessman or an entrepreneur? What will you choose to work for, -a big brand with lower salary or a small brand with higher package? What brands are you wearing right now?
- Excerpts from Interview 3 (A B.Com. Fresher with 10th at 60%, 12th at 83% and 60% graduation ) Different situations were given on a sheet and the student was asked to interpret each of the situations. Eg. You are going from Hyderabad to Bangalore with family, you were out too late and your room was locked by someone else and you didn't get a room. What will you do? He was cross questioned on his answers.
- Excerpts From Interview 4 (A B.Com. Graduate with 10th at 73%, 12th at 81% and 61% graduation and 9 months of work-ex as Financial analyst in a C.A. firm): Six situations were given and he was cross questioned on answers and views on each of the situations. Give one situation where you played a leader's role? What experience have you gained? You are Patron of church, attendance gets low and the priest is closing the church- what might be the possible problems? You are the captain of a cricket team and have only 10% winning chances. Devise a strategy to win.
- Excerpts From Interview 5 (A B.A. Graduate with declining academics and no work-ex): Which newspaper do you read? What kind of News do you like to read? Tell us about FDI and NCTC? What would you like to be for a day? (Rattan Tata) Why Rattan Tata? Tell us about the JLR deal? Why did Nano fail?