The process of selection at IIT Delhi consists of a Group Discussion and a Personal Interview.
Feedback - Group Discussion
Average Duration :15
No. of Panelists :3-4
No. of Participants:14
- Adaptability is the key to success.
- How to market PCs to convince the consumer to buy them over laptops and tablets.
- UID & Development
- Social security in India.
- Jan Dhan Yojna
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration : 15 mins
No. of Panelists : 3 (The panel included CEOs of well known companies).
- Excerpts From Interview 1 : Write algorithm to transpose a matrix. Why do not we divide array in 5 parts for merge sort. Which is better -merge sort or heap sort? There’s a frog who could climb either 1 stair or 3 stairs in one shot. In how many ways he could reach at 100th stair. If we are give a sorted array and we have to find two elements which sum to a number x. A man is standing in front of an infinite wall with a hole on any side? How do you find the hole in shortest distance. Which is greater root(n) or 2^root(logn)? Have you heard of ethernet? Can we lay an ethernet LAN between Delhi and Bangalore? What is digital signature? How does it work? What is pipelining? What is the need? What is the funda behind it? Does it make the processor faster?
- Excerpts From Interview 2 : What is the formula of DFT. Define Sampling theorem. What is the peroidicity of DFT. Y(w) = exp(jw), interpret it. How does FFT reduces computational complexity. What is convolution formula and does it apply to all kind of system, if not write convolution formula for LTV system. Define LTV system, give examples. Explain spectrum of white noise. Two systems were given, cascaded, transfer func in z domain, find net impulse response. What is the relation between i/p & o/p PSD. Draw voltage divider bias, why is it called so, how you will increase bandwidth in this circuit.
- Excerpts From Interview 3 : Why MBA? What was your engineering project? What did you learn in your training period? Did you use your theoretical knowledge in your training? What is the range of visible light (frequency). What is the waveform of binary phase shift keying. A bit stream was given, draw quadrature phase shift keying. How will you find bandwidth of a signal. Define probability. Define Random variable. What are stochastic processes? What is the need of VLSI.
- Excerpts From Interview 4 : Tell us about yourself? Draw the plot of x+1/x+sinx. There is always some capacitance between I/P and O/P stage of any ckt. How will you segregate it in terms of I/P and O/P capacitance? Derive the method used. Draw the pi model of transistor. Find the value of 'K' and 'm' in y(x) = K(x^m), the value of y was given for various x. plot the function for various values of K and m. Draw the op-amp in inverting config. and write the gain expression. Describe the current flow in this with and without load. Describe Noise Margin in it.What do you know about the Finance Commission? Have you heard of it too often? What do you know about the Planning Commission? Who is heading it? So how do you help your father in his business?
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.