The process of selection at IIT-D consists of Group Discussions followed by Personal Interviews.
Feedback - Group Discussion
Average Duration : 15 minutes.
No. of Panelists : 4
- Power-nucleate or nuclear.
- Haste makes waste.
- Rapid transmission: Good or bad?
- Gandhi and Leini.
IIT Delhi - MBA Interview Experiences
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration : 20 minutes.
No. of Panelists : 3-4
- Excerpts From Interview 1 : Tell us about your work responsibilities? Tell us something about insurance and what do you mean by the term adverse selection? Elaborate on the financial issues in yesterday's newspaper? What do you mean by inflation and what is the current inflation rate in India? What are the different indices of inflation? What all subjects do you like? Why are CMOS widely used, than NMOS and PMOS? What is clock speed of Pentium?
- Excerpts From Interview 2 : It started of with general talk related to my work and workplace.Further the questions were: What are your views about current business scenario? What do you know about budget? Explain the tax slab with latest amendments. What do you know about stock market? What are bulls and bears? What all securities,Sensex comprises? What is market capitalization? How can RBI stem Dollar depreciation?
- Excerpts From Interview 3 : Tell us something about yourself and your future goals? What are SEZ and EPZ? When were they set up? Name the first EPZ in India. Elaborate the status of retail sector in India. What are the recent activities taking place in retail sector? Name the major Indian players in retail sector. What are the challenges faced by them? Tell us about fortune 500 companies. What is the criterion to rank the companies? Name 3 of top 10 companies in the fortune list? Tell us about the number of seats in Rajya Sabha and Lok Sabha.
Overall Feedback - PI
Primarily they asked questions describing you. The major area they concentrated was general knowledge and current affairs.It starts off smoothly and then takes up the pace.
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.
Other GDPI Preparation Links: