The process of selection at IIT Delhi consists of Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
Feedback - Group Discussion
Average Duration : 12 minutes.
No. of Panelists : 5
- Jaago Re or Jai Ho!
- Should higher education be privatized?
- Obama or Osama?
- Greed, Good or Bad?
- Mobiles- Boon or Bane
- Defense or Development?
- A stitch in time saves nine.
- If everybody does everything, nobody does anything.
- Last is not the Least.
- Life without internet.
- Consumer is never satisfied.
- Outsourcing: Boon or Bane?
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration : 15-20 minutes.
No. of Panelists : 4
- Excerpts From Interview 1 : Tell us something about yourself? How would your weakness affect you as a manager? Why do you think Sikkim does not have high productivity levels? What would you do to improve it if you were made the Chief Minister of Sikkim? What are the reasons for Bihar not being a good tourist destination? What field are you doing your engineering in? Which subjects have you prepared for the interview? What are IC engines? What will happen if petrol is used in a diesel engine? What will happen if diesel is used in a petrol engine? Have you studied Operation Research? What is linear programming? What is simplex model? Describe the assignment model? What is repo rate and what is its current value? Is India in a slowdown or in a recession?
- Excerpts From Interview 2 : Which year did you complete your graduation in? Did you receive any placements on campus? Where? Which other calls do you have? Why do you want to pursue MBA? Why not do IAS if you want to be in the public sector? What is internet protocol? How are IP addresses assigned? Did you have any management subject in engineering? What is BOP, BOT, Direct taxes, Indirect Taxes and Fiscal Deficit? When did telecom revolution take place in India? What is teledensity index? Are 3G services provided in India?What is WIMAX? Who is your role model and why?
- Excerpts From Interview 3 : You are working in a good company. Why do you want to leave it and join DMS?How would you rate Citi Bank now? Will you join it if given an option? What do you think about Obama's policies of nationalizing the banks? What would be the impact (long term) of reducing the H1B visas on USA? What is repo rate?What is reverse repo rate? Why are interest rates not reducing?What were the motives behind what Ramalinga Raju did? Do you think there can be more cases like Satyam? What should be done to make sure that such cases do not happen? IIT Bombay has increased its fees to 8.5 lacs. What do you think about it?
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.
Other GDPI Preparation Links: