The process of selection at IIT Delhi consists of Group Discussions and Personal Interviews.
Feedback - Group Discussion
Average Duration : 12 mins.
No. of Panelists : 3
- Silence is golden.
- There should be any topic in GD or not?
- Jack of all trades is better than master of none.
- Mobile – boon or bane?
- Liberalization is the worst policy.
- Leaders are born, not made.
- Relevance of relativity and relatives.
IIT Delhi - MBA Interview Experiences
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration : 15 mins.
No. of Panelists : 4
- Excerpts From Interview 1 : Tell me about yourself. What all calls you have? If you get an IIM, IIT Mumbai and IITD, which one will you choose? Where is your university located? What are you looking for in a college? What is the fiscal deficit of the US? What is it for India? Are you following the telecom story? What is the growth percentage of IT? Do you know about the healthcare reform in the US? How is it different from India? What is Next Gen S/W? What do you read? UID project, why Nandan Nilenkani?
- Excerpts From Interview 2 : Tell us something else about yourself; about your hobbies. Which author do you read more? (student talked about reading in introduction)Why Paulo Coelho? Why do you want to do MBA? You can get a decent job. What kind of business do you want to open? (Student said food chain)Do you know how to cook? What do you cook?(Came back to the Paulo Coelho question) You mentioned visiting temple is not important, then why are there so many temples? When was idol worship started in India? Any question you want to ask us?
- Excerpts From Interview 3 : Give a brief introduction of yourself. Tell me about yourself. What are you doing in graduation? What are your views on female reservation? Who is your female role model? Tell me about someone in business. What has she done special? (student said Indra Nooyi of PepsiCo). Any other females in the corporate you know? Who is the CEO of Axis Bank? What books do you read? What else do you read - magazines, newspapers? Do you agree with what is written in TOI editorial? (student read TOI) What else for reading? Do you know about the budget and economy? Any questions for us?
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.
Other GDPI Preparation Links: