The selection process at IIM B consists of Essay Writing (WAT) followed by Personal Interviews.
Feedback- Essay Writing (WAT)
Average Duration: 10-30 min.
(10 min. to think and 20 min. to write)
- Recently in India, the closing time of Bars from 11 PM to 1 AM. Reasons behind this and consequences/ramifications?
- Many TV channels are giving out awards like Indian of the year. What parameters do you think should factor in?
- Importance of language.
- Khap Panchyat – Land system their role? Do you criticize the method?
- Is animal testing ethical in the name of scientific advancement?
- Indian of the year.
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration: 20-25 mins.
No. of Panelists: 3
- Excerpts from Interview 1: (A 99.96%iler in CAT with work experience of 10 months and graduation in Mechanical with CGPA 9.48, 87% in 12th and 94.7% in 10th). Roles in job. (Future’s First)? (Trade in Brent Crude) Which contracts did you trade in? Comparative analysis. How would you minimize risk and at the same time maximize profit of future’s first? Which tools are used in trading? Trading methods used? Why did you leave Future’s First and join ZS associates? What does RBI do? Which monetary rates does it control? What exactly do you mean by GDP? Difference between GDP & GNP? What was your last year engineering project about? (Project based questions). Make 90° angle without using scale.
- Excerpts from Interview 2: (A 98.6%iler in CAT with CGPA 9.16 in B.Tech, 91.4% in 12th and 96% in 10th). What is PPP? (Engineering related). Question from SOP – What do you think are qualities of a good manager? Do managers need to be experts in their area. Why PUNJAB is spelled and called so . Name the 5 rivers. What is the probability of you getting selected in IIM B.
- Excerpts from Interview 3: (A 73%iler in CAT from non-general category with 74% in B.Com (Hons), 89.4% in 12th and 91.6% in 10th). Explain your GAP year. How would you have campaigned for AAM AADMI PARTY? Had you been given the charge?
- Excerpts from Interview 4: (A 86.95%iler in CAT with general category (physically handicapped) with CGPA 8.57 in B.Tech, 89.6% in 12th and 93.6% in 10th). How many formats are there in cricket – details? What is your stand on IPL match fixing? Status performance of cricket team – India? What advice would you give to the current captain if you were the coach of Team India? Technicalities of different bowlers. Favourite bowler – statistics – performance. Why do you want to do an MBA? Specialization – Finance – Business Plan.
- Excerpts from Interview 5: (A 99.09%iler in CAT with CGPA 9.53 in Aeronautical Engineering (PEC), 94.6% in 12th, 93% in 10th). What fascinates you about aeronautical engineering? How do airports calculate the tariff for an airplane? Do they change tariff for an aircraft flying above the airport. Explain the glider equations? Which profit does airlines makes these days? Some questions about Kingfisher airlines? Some questions on essay.
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.
Other GDPI Preparation Links: