The selection process at IIM B consists of Essay Writing (WAT) followed by Personal Interviews.
Feedback- Essay Writing (WAT)
Average Duration: 10-30 min. (10 min. to think and 20 min. to write)
- Recently in India, the closing time of Bars from 11 PM to 1 AM. Reasons behind this and consequences/ramifications?
- International/ IB schools in India required by the society?
- Do celebrities have a responsibility towards consuming and believing in the products and causes they endorse?
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration: 20-25 mins.
No. of Panelists: 3
- Excerpts from Interview 1: Tell me about the award that you received and why you received it (from the SOP) .Who gave you the award? Where does your Business Head lie in the organizational hierarchy? Questions on work area and what do you do currently? Asked about where it is safer to keep LPG cylinders, inside the kitchen or in the balcony? Counter questions whether the heat from sunlight can create accident. Tell me about the under-recovery that we hear about and subsidy in PSU oil companies. Why Import Parity price? Why not import price. Why the term under recovery is used? Food, fertilizer subsidy does not attract the same term? How do you think India's energy sector will progress with imminent deregulation? When was petrol deregulated? Who is India's ideal partner for energy security in future? So why MBA? What after MBA? Would you like to continue on the same sector or change the domain? So you want to join Reliance after MBA? Why do you want to join so many activities? One of you references mentioned that being involved in many activities in college final year affected your grade. Do you want to ask anything about the course?
- Excerpts from Interview 2: Work related questions – profile, responsibilities, projects, and clients. What initiatives did you take at work? What is the recipe of “Sol Kadi rice”? Justify your jump from EEE to IT. Any major achievements in running/marathon? (Hobby) So what job do you want to end up at? Why not marketing? Anything that you used from your curriculum in college at your work place? What are the exact revenue and sales figures of your company?
- Excerpts from Interview 3: Tell us something about your native place. (cross questioning). What are your favorite subjects? Describe each in one line in layman terms. Questions from stats and microeconomics. What are your hobbies? (cross questioning)
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.
Other GDPI Preparation Links: