The selection process at IIM B consists of Essay Writing followed by Personal Interviews.
Feedback - Essay Writing
Average Duration : 30 mins
No. of Panelists: 3
- Commonwealth games: Is it a waste of money?
- Union Budget is a useless exercise and activities like recession put it off-track.
- India should develop fighter jets on its own and not buy them from abroad.
- Giving Barack Obama the Nobel peace prize would reduce its value.
- Great men think alike but groupthink results in poor decisions.
- Women's Reservation Bill.
- Foreign universities in India. Good or bad?
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration : 10-12 mins
No. of Panelists: 3
IIM Bangalore - Interview Experiences
- Excerpts From Interview 1: What is an operating system and why is it used? (was a part of student's curriculum) Tell us the two series of numbers having the same average, median and mode. What is unique about you? Do you read something? What are your opinions about the women's reservation bill? What are your hobbies? (student was into classical dancing) Can you name dances from various states? What is your aim? How MBA will help you out in this? But what about all those people who are successful in almost the same fields as yours without doing MBA? What are your expectations from this course?
- Excerpts From Interview 2: Tell me about yourself. How will you manage rigor in IIMB? Tell any instance where you were successful in handling pressure successfully? What is the present attrition rate in IT industry? What is your goal in life? (student wanted to get into the public sector) Why don't you join IAS directly? Why are you wasting your time by doing MBA? Why you didn't try for IAS till now? Do you know how many people join IAS after IIM? Why IIM for IAS? What all sectors the government should be involved into and in what sectors it should not? Do you see any role of the private sector in education? Give examples of government policies in the IT sector. How the subsidy money can be better spent? Why you want to join the public sector? Do you think you will be able to do anything? Politicians hold all the keys?
- Excerpts From Interview 3: When did you arrive here in the city? So you are working for Infosys for the last 3 years? What is the rate of attrition in Infosys? So what is the reason behind high rate of attrition Infosys is facing? Why did you join Infosys after Electronics and Communication? What's so good about Infosys? What do you want to do in life and what drives you towards it? (candidate wanted to start a business in Supply Chain Management) So what do you know about Supply Chain Management? Have you read any book on SCM? It is a very vast topic and I don't think you have enough information about it? You know shelf life of a product? What was your favorite subject during Engineering? What is the importance of Communication in your business? How data is important in any business scenario? Have you analyzed any data in past? So, If you are so crystal clear about SCM, why you need an MBA? Why don't you do a certificate program in SCM? It will take 6 months and you will save money and time Tell us something about your extracurricular? Any question for us?
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.
Other GDPI Preparation Links: