The process of selection at IIM B consists of Case Discussions followed by Personal Interviews.
Feedback - Group Discussion
Average Duration : 40 minutes
No. of Panelists: 3
- Case was about a ban by the Union Health Ministry on scenes in movies which depict smoking. Questions comprised of curbing tobacco production and whether the ban was justified or not?
- Case study on a pharmaceutical company not publishing warning of diabetes on a medicine for schizophrenia.
- Case study was about effect of modern modes of communications like mobiles and emails on lives of professionals
Feedback – Personal Interview
Average Duration : 30 minutes
No. of Panelists: 2
- Excerpts From Interview 1: How would a friend describe you? Do you know what IIMBs logo means? How would you go about resolving a conflict between two friends? Explain your job profile? Tell us about one creative work that you have done in your job? Give your opinion about the policies of US on the Nuclear Power and Energy issues?
- Excerpts From Interview 2: So you know a lot about retail sector. Tell us something about Indian retail scene. Tell me about the regulatory scenario? What is cash and carry model? Have you analyzed yourself whether you are fit to be an entrepreneur? What is it that you want through your company? What do you really want to do in life? What is the one quality that differentiates entrepreneurs from a successful CEO? Most of the entrepreneurs we know are not MBAs. Why do you need an MBA degree? What is the one quality that differentiates entrepreneurs from a successful CEO? Most of the entrepreneurs we know are not MBAs. Why do you need an MBA degree?
- Excerpts From Interview 3: What would you like to discuss: Your work-ex or Your Engineering? If I purchase a good for Rs.100 and pay back this money back to bank in time. Then what is the bank getting out of this? The way the credit card industry is working on, isn't it unethical? Why do we generally lose the mobile connection signal in between while travelling? What are the spellings of your surname? Do different spellings have different meanings?
- Excerpts From Interview 4: Tell me why do you think Gandhi was the man of century? Why do you think that Gandhi did not have good relationship with his sons? Why do you want to do MBA? When do you want to start your own business? What is that something that you want to start? What is art of living?
- Excerpts From Interview 5: What would you bring to the learning environment at IIMB? Would you be able to study again and withstand the academic rigor? What do you plan to do if you are not able to convert your calls? How was your performance in cat? Rest of the questions were on my work experience.
Overall Feedback - PI
In the group Discussions, 10 Minutes were given to read the case and then it was followed by a 20 min discussion. Following this, the students had to fill out a form summarizing the discussion and were also required to pen down views on two questions. The two questions were: Who do you think is the most influential person in the 20th Century? Why? And what are your career aspirations. How does a PGP from IIMB fit into it?