The selection process at IIM B consists of Group Discussions/Case studies followed by Personal Interview.
Feedback - Group Discussions/Case Studies
Average Duration : 25 minutes.
No. of Panelists : 3
- After financial meltdown, should the government use taxpayer's money to bailout the companies?
- Should Higher Education be opened up in India?
- Opening up of Retail Sector in India - Implications on kiryana shops.
- Should foreign universities be allowed to open campuses in India? What are the implications for the stake holders?
- The govt. plans to shut pubs and discs at 11.30pm, but different people support different viewpoints. Discuss what should the govt. do?
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration : 10-12 minutes.
No. of Panelists : 3
- Excerpts From Interview 1: How many blades does a fan have? Why does it not have 6 or 7 blades? How does a fan basically work? You are from Kerala! What is Calicut famous for? Name two issues which Kerala is facing? What is the difference between micro economics and macro economics? Have you heard the case of Coal India?
- Excerpts From Interview 2: Why have your grades been dropping over the course of 5 years? Why did you take dual degree? Why not a simple B. Tech? Since your company has a high growth potential, then why do you want to leave the job and change the field? Don't you think it is unethical to leave a company after 8 months of joining? They have spent a lot on the training? Are ethics and morality synonyms? What if you don't get a job? What if the recession worsens? If you get the job after MBA, which offers you similar package which you are earning right now, then will you take it up?
- Excerpts From Interview 3: What is Corporate Social Responsibility? What does your company do as a part of CSR? What do you mean by segmentation of the market? What is brand equity? What comprises it? What do you mean by brand value? What is the difference between brand equity and brand value? Describe two things that you like about Wipro as a company and two things which you would want to change? By how much has the average temperature of earth increased in the last 100 years? What are the major causes of global warming? What are going to be the effects of global warming? What are various countries doing to control the emission of green house gases?
- Excerpts From Interview 4: Tell us something about Maritime history? What was Vasco de Gama's contribution to Maritime Trade? Where did he land in India? What are the current problems faced in shipping of goods? What were the ancient problems in the same context? How were those problems solved? How will you come from San Francisco to India through Sea? Which seas will you encounter en route?
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.
Other GDPI Preparation Links: