The process of selection at XIMB consists of Group Discussions followed by Personal Interviews.
Feedback - Group Discussion
Average Duration : 10 minutes.
No. of Panelists : 3
- Should more SEZs be allowed in India?
- Is it necessary to wear a tie to office meetings?
- B-schools fit square nuts into round holes.
- How professional are the professional companies today?
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration : 8-10 minutes.
No. of Panelists: 3
- Excerpts From Interview 1: How would you explain to a lay man what are metals and minerals? What kind of steel is used in rails? What qualities does it require to possess? What is fatigue? Name the most fatigue resistant and the least fatigue resistant material. Describe an advertisement. What is the new name of RRL, Bhubhaneshwar?
- Excerpts From Interview 2: Why did you pursue engineering in Chemical field? How did you build your knowledge about computers? What have you done as a part of your extracurricular activities? Compare Chinese and Indian IT industry? What is a KPO? What is the difference between a KPO and a BPO? How do you motivate people? What is the difference between aggression and competitive spirit?
- Excerpts From Interview 3: What do you like the most about yourself? Do you read newspapers? When did you start reading Economic Times? Do you know of any mechanism by which RBI can withdraw excess money supply from the FOREX market? Can you describe the leadership qualities that you appreciated the most in your school principal?
Overall Feedback - PI
The interviews laid more stress on general questions rather than specifically on academics. There were questions on general knowledge.