The process of selection at XIMB consists of Group Discussions followed by Personal Interviews.
Feedback - Group Discussion
Average Duration: 8-10 mins
No. of Participants: 10
Process: After around 6 mins. of discussion, 2 mins. were given to conclude and 2 mins. to write the summary.
- Does Media sensationalize news?
- Has corruption in India gone beyond control?
- Are small towns worth living?
- The rape case of Delhi calls for change in attitude or change in law?
- What unifies India?
XIMB - Interview Experiences
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration: 10 mins
No. of Panelists: 3-4
- Excerpts From Interview1: (An M.Tech. CSE student with 87.5 percentile in XAT and 86.6% in 10th, 77% in 12th, 68% in B.Tech. and 68% in M.Tech and 9 months of work-experience as a language trainer and loves reading). Why are you choosing MBA after such a profile? Why you think you will be suitable for HR? What exactly is your job profile? Which certifications have you done as a language trainer? What are your strengths and how did you use them in your job? What is the biggest challenge you have faced in your life so far? How did you handle it? Who is the vice president of India? Where is Vidharbha located? Why is it famous?
- Excerpts From Interview 2: (A 98.2 CAT percentiler with 10th -87.2%, 12th-81.5% and B.Tech. in Industrial engineering -67.1% and likes making short movies). What is the meaning of your name? What is your work profile? Why are you interested in MBA? What will you offer to our college? Tell us something about the recent chopper scam? You like making short films, which films have you made? How is social media helping you in gaining popularity of videos? Which is a better platform for videos, You tube or Facebook?
- Excerpts From Interview 3: (A 94.38 XAT percentiler with 10th -91.2%, 12th-91.8% and B.Tech. in ECE -80.06% and likes digital electronics). What are your favourite subjects? What are the different types of signals? How do signals travel i.e. how does electromagnetic waves travel? Convince us in 3 minutes on why we should prefer you over a person who has work experience? Which other calls do you have? Why XIMB? Which specialization you want to pursue? Tell us something about your hometown.
- Excerpts From Interview 4: (A 99.63 XAT percentiler with 10th -84.6%, 12th-87.2% and B.Tech. in ECE -66.1% and work-experience of 30 months with a reputed IT company). Why do you think you are suitable for MBA? Why you want to join XIMB? Tell us about your present college. What is population sample and what is universe? Tell us about your GD? You mentioned somewhere in the GD that Chinese is a language, are you sure? What is your job profile? What have you done in the past and how can you relate your past to future?
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.
Other GDPI Preparation Links: