The process of selection at UBS consists of Group Discussion followed by Personal Interview.
Feedback - Group Discussion
Average Duration: 15 mins. (10 mins for discussion and 5 minutes for thinking).
No. of Participants: 15-20
- In a poor country like India, is taxing the super rich a good solution?
- Only great minds can afford a simple style.
- Very few toilets and more of mobiles, is India seriously developing?
- Cleanliness in India is a myth.
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration: 10-12 mins
No. of Panelists: 6
- Excerpts From Interview 1: (A 98.89 CAT percentiler with 91% in 10th, 83.6% in 12th and 65.88% in B. Tech. CSE). What is the full form of VIRUS? (the candidate follows sikh religion) Who are the 6th, 7th, 8th gurus in Sikhism? Who laid the foundation stone of Shri Harmandar sahib? What are the differences between Macintosh and Windows? Which is a better platform? What is the difference between server and a computer? Who is the chairman of the planning commission of India? What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- Excerpts From Interview 2: (A 94.2 CAT percentiler with 94.8% in 10th, 89.8% in 12th and 67.6% in B.D.S. and 6 months of work-experience with a private dental clinic and likes reading). Tell us about yourself? Why MBA? From where did you do your B.D.S.? What is your take on the incident of your college principal being removed from his post? What lead to his removal? Which newspaper do you read? Tell us about any editorial you read? After MBA where will you prefer working? Have you seen any hospital recruiting here? How will you find a job then?
- Excerpts From Interview 3: (A 92.01 CAT percentiler with 10th -86%, 12th -72% and B. Tech. IT–74.7% and work-experience of 2.5 years with a reputed IT MNC). Why MBA? Why you are leaving your job for MBA? What is ORACLE? Name a few men and women entrepreneurs. Whom do you support: Narendra Modi or Rahul Gandhi? Who is your Idol and why? Which company would you like to work for? Which sports do you play? What is database management? What is data warehousing?
- Excerpts From Interview 4: (A 93.41 CAT percentiler with 10th -81.4%, 12th -61% and B. Tech. Instrumentation –67% and a work-experience of 1.5 years with a reputed MNC). Why are you interested for MBA? What is the meaning of sensex? What are your hobbies? Why you want to go for Marketing? What are the three most important values that guide your thoughts and actions and why? Successful leaders have a great sense of purpose. What is yours? Who is your idol? Tell me more about her.
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.
Other GDPI Preparation Links: