The process of selection at TISS consists of a Case Study followed by a Personal Interview.
Feedback - Case Study
Average Duration : 10-15 mins.
No. of Panelists: 3
- There was a company having a rift between management executives and workers as to whether worker’s bonus should be paid first or the executive’s.
- There is a problem that workers have gone to strike and the company is not meeting their demands, the reason behind strike is increase in wages. How to tackle the problem?
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration : 15 mins.
No. of Panelists: 3
- Excerpts From Interview 1: Tell us about yourself. Tell us about your area of interest in MBA. How do you relate bio tech with this course? What is the Sex ratio in Punjab? What is the sex ratio in Haryana? You are from science background, why this course? Ethics of bio technology. Why sex ratio is low in these areas? What is NREGA? What has been the budget allotted to this scheme? What is your opinion about the success and viability of such a huge project?
- Excerpts From Interview 2: Tell us something about yourself. Tell us something about your internship in Turkey. Why did you choose Turkey for internship? Why Turkey is called as the sick man of Europe? Tell me something about double entry book keeping? What is the internal rate of return formulae? What is the Net present value formula? What is DAVOS? Where was the DAVOS economic meet held? To which continent does Turkey belongs to? So why Turkey applied for the membership of the EU?
- Excerpts From Interview 3: What is your favorite subject? (mobile communication). What is the difference between GSM and CDMA? What do you mean by EOQ? Tell how many methods are there to measure depreciation? Difference between those methods. How can one decide which method to be used? Both methods if applied, do we get the same answer? Which specialization do you want to pursue in MBA? Why are you interested in Finance?
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.
Other GDPI Preparation Links: