The process of selection at TISS consists of a Case Study/Group Discussion or Essay Writing for some courses followed by Personal Interviews.
Feedback- Case Study/ Group Discussion
Average Duration: 15 mins.
No. of Panelists: 2
No. of Participants: 8-10
- Right to livelihood or child labour?
- CSR – A myth?
- Gross national happiness - Not the true measure of happiness?
Feedback- Essay Writing
Average Duration: 45 mins.
- Clinical establishments in 2010.
- Whether the health policy is evidence based.
- Pvt. Health insurance in India – Advantage and Disadvantage.
- Primary healthcare is more specialty care in India.
Feedback- Personal Interview
Average Duration: 15-30 mins
No. of Panelists: 3
- Excerpts from Interview 1: (A 58 TISS test score with graduation in BDS and an internship of 1 year with academic profile as graduation 63.7%, 84.3% in 12th and 89.6% in 10th). State’s Health condition? Health policies. Resource allocation important or not? NHRM? What is Janani Suraksha Yojna? Sex ratio of India. What are our Millennium health goals?
- Excerpts from Interview 2: (A candidate with a score of 64 in TISS with B.Tech in CSE and work experience of 5 years with academic profile as 83% in graduation, 80.8% in 12th, 82% in 10th). Why shifting from IT to social work? Introduction? Youth org – what roles and work?
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.
Other GDPI Preparation Links: