The process of selection at TISS consists of a case study followed by Personal Interview.
Feedback - Case Study
Average Duration : 10-15 mins.
No. of Panelists: 3
Process: The Group was asked to choose a topic out of given two topics
- T-20 vs other forms of cricket
- Developed countries vs underdeveloped countries
- Is HR a cost center or profit center?
- Beauty vs brain.
- Coca Cola and Pepsi should be driven out of India.
- Parental Control in stopping abusive language used by children these days.
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration : 15 mins.
No. of Panelists: 3
- Excerpts From Interview 1 (A B.Com. graduate from MCM with marks as 80, 87 and 73 % in 10th, 12th and graduation respectively): Why MBA? Tell us about the Sensex? What is it and how does it work? Asked from a case study of 2 companies out of which one had high profit, more turnover and the other one had high revenue and no profit, Why? Alternative career plan? Will regional parties create problems at the centre? Tell us about operation Blue Star? What is the impact of Maharashtra's regional parties at the centre? What was the scenario of Godhara riots? What is the problem with Indian Airlines?
- Excerpts From Interview 2 (A B.Tech. ECE graduate with 75% around consistent academics throughout and a work-ex of 24 months in Engineering field): A situation given and was asked to choose to employ between two types of persons, Permanent or Contract employee. What is your company's policy for this? What is differential policy? What is overtime? What was your work profile? What were your key responsibilities? Did you have trade unions? Name some trade unions in India?
- Excerpts From Interview 3 (A fresher with falling academic records from 95% in 10th to 75% in graduation): Introduce yourself? Why HR? Is there something in your life that has put a smile on somebody else's face? Would you be discouraged or satisfied if your friends earn more than you? How would you merge rural and urban students coming for HR course at TISS? Prepare your demographic profile.
- Excerpts From Interview 4 (A consistent academic record above 75% throughout and a 30 months work-ex with Infosys as Senior System Engineer): What you do at workplace? Who are your clients? How did you come across globalization at your workplace? What is globalization? Tell about ILO? Who is the governing body of ILO? What can we do for the betterment of labour class in India? What kind of biasing have you experienced at your workplace? What are the trade unions in our country? How are they working for the rights of female workers?
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.
Other GDPI Preparation Links: