The process of selection at SIBM consists of a Group Discussion followed by Personal Interview.
Feedback- Case Study/ Group Discussion
Average Duration: 15 mins
No. of Panelists: 2
No. of Participants: 8-10
- Phunsuk Wangdoo
- Who is to be blamed for the naxal problem: the Govt. or the Naxals?
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration : 10-15 mins.
No. of Panelists : 3
- Excerpts From Interview 1: What does A stand for in your surname? What comes to your mind when we say AB. Tell me something about Kerala and its economy. Suicides in Kerala. They asked if I were willing to start a business in Kerala after MBA. Why do so many people from Kerala go to the "gulf"? Some discussion about my work ex. Roles in my company. My graduation percentage is just 65, so questions on that. What are your strengths?
- Excerpts From Interview 2: So, you work for GM! It is no more in Bankruptcy! So, did it have any effect in India? Introduce yourself. So, you've mentioned you're interested in research in niche areas in your SOP. Do you know anything about research in Management? You seem to be an engineer who is into projects more on individual scale, how can you demonstrate you're a team player? So, where do you see yourself at 30,40,50,60? Do you have any questions for us?
- Excerpts From Interview 3: Asked to elucidate my profile. Why MBA and discussion thereafter. Why specialization in HR? Gave me case where I was supposed to be heading a company and how I would manage talent in it (went on for a long time) How as a fresher I would be at a disadvantage (went on for some time) If I were on the panel, how would I have given a fair chance to people with work-ex and fresher?
- Excerpts From Interview 4: Questions from CIF. Questions from annexure form. Questions based on music, sports and NGO work (extra-curricular) Questions on native city. 4-5 GK questions.
- Excerpts From Interview 5: Introduce yourself. Tell us about your native place? What is it known for? Tell us about the NGO you are associated with? How long have you been working with them? Do you read newspaper? (cross questioning)
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.
Other GDPI Preparation Links: