The process of selection at SIBM Pune consists of a Psychometric test, a group task, a case study and a personal interview.
Feedback - Group Discussion
Average Duration : 15 mins
No. of Panelists: 3
- Mr. X is an ambitious person. He has started a restaurant which caters to the elite. Of late there is another restaurant which has come up across the road. It creates a lot of noise and shabby food is served there.
- Teenagers are somehow getting attracted towards the other restaurant. Mr. X's business is suffering because elite have stopped coming to him because of the noise coming from the other restaurant. What should Mr. X do?
- Elections are being held in a particular town for the local governance body. The elections are somehow taking place in the festival season. Expecting low voter turnout, the local authorities are worried. What should they do?
- A female X joins a company in the sales and marketing profile. She left her previous job for this company. But she doesn't have any sales and marketing experience. After a few months she realizes that she is not carved out for this field and that's why she is not able to perform well. There are few jobs available in the market, as market is in the grip of recession. There is a lot of performance pressure on her. What should she do?
Feedback - Group Task
Average Duration : 10 mins
No. of Panelists: 10-15
- Students were divided into two groups. A leader was selected from each group. Each group was then given a chart and colored pencils. One group was asked to draw the front of a car and the other group was asked to draw the rear part, so that in the end two pieces could join to form a complete car. No communication was allowed between the two groups, but the leaders were allowed to communicate between themselves.
SIBM Pune - Interview Experiences
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration : 15 mins.
No. of Panelists: 3
- Excerpts From Interview 1: Is your beard a part of your religious obligation? (candidate said no) Then why have you kept beard? Tell me something about your hometown. What is your goal? Why you want to become an entrepreneur? How much did you score in the last semester? Why you want to choose SIBM?
- Excerpts From Interview 2: Tell us something about yourself? What are your strong points? What have been your achievements on the basis of these strengths? What are your weak areas? What are you doing to overcome these? Discuss your extra or co-curricular activities. Did you head any team in your college? What difficulties did you face while you were the head? How did you manage that crises situation being the head?
- Excerpts From Interview 3: Why do you want to join B-school at this point of time? Why not go for a work experience before you do MBA? Why you took up engineering? Why mechanical engineering? Can you tell us the concept of air-conditioning with diagram? What is horse power? How is it different from torque? How are you different from others? What do you do in your daily life? How do you spend your free time?
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.
Other GDPI Preparation Links: