The process of selection at SYMBIOSIS consists of a WAT (Essay, pictorial), Case Writing followed by Personal Interviews.
Feedback- WAT- Essay Writing
Average Duration: 30-45 mins.
- Cricket, Cinema, Culture & Politics – turning points of India (450 words)
- Image – 2 elephants dead on railway track & locals & police gathered (650 words)
- Women empowerment?
- Picture – Bomb Blast in Taj, Bombay.
- Artistic freedom, freedom of expression, is censorship justified?
- Image – UN logo, olive branches, globe with man in suit.
- Write 2 freedoms of expression. Censorship is justified or not?
- Image: UN symbol, man in suit.
- According to UN studies, Indian masses have more access to cell phones rather than basic sanitation. Point out reasons and give solutions. (650 words)
- A terrified woman on the floor with a huge man’s shadow towering her. (450 words)
- Social media changing marketing standards/methods. How has it helped? (650 words)
- Image-Black Background, white logo. Apple with Steve Jobs’ face in the bite. (450 words)
- Using TV/Media as a means of adv.
- Name a major depleting resource of the country & steps (600-700 words)
- Image: Road, large pits, man sitting around & fishing (450 words)
- Should right to speak be censored? (600 words)
- Image: Amul Ad based on Satyam scandal.
Feedback- Personal Interview
Average Duration: 10-15 mins.
No. of Panelists: 3
- Excerpts From Interview 1: (A 98.5%iler in SNAP with 84% in 10th, 75% in 12th with engineering in CSE). Your background (workshop & production incharge (freelancer)). Family background. Why MBA? Why engineering to MBA?
- Excerpts From Interview 2: (A 60% in SNAP with defence category with 2 years of experience in a company (dealer in BPCL) ECE engineer with 74% in graduation, 74% in 12th and 85% in 10%) Hobby-(Anchoring)-Can you speak for a minute. What is difference between sales and marketing? What are subsidies of BPCL?
- Excerpts from Interview 3: (A 94%iler in CAT, 98.75% in XAT, 94% in SNAP, 216 in NMAT with economic honours as the background). Introduce yourself. Give 2 weaknesses and strengths. Short and Long term goals. Why do you want to do MBA?
- Excerpts From Interview 4: (A candidate with 98.98%iler with 75.8% in graduation, 85.4% in 12% and 89.2% in 10th with 18 yrs experience in Infosys). Introduce yourself. Why do you want to do MBA? Why should we select you over other experienced candidates? Which specialization or stream will you do after MBA (Engg. or Mgmt.)? Family Background. Tell about yourself – Talent – Singing (Sing a song for us)?
- Excerpts From Interview 5: (A 99.52% in CAT with graduation in Computer Science Engineering with 73% in Graduation, 83.6% in 12th and 91% in 10th). What have you learnt from your college life? How important is academics in your life? Digital Media – How will MBA help you build on it? You are good in extra-curricular activities, you have an individualistic personality. MBA colleges can repress you so why do you want to do it (MBA)?
- Excerpts From Interview 6: (A 98.93%iler in CAT, 96.07 in XAT and 97 in SNAP with B.Tech in ECE with academic profile as CGPA 8.05 in Graduation, 88% in 12th and 94.8% in 10th). Introduce yourself. Which stream have you chosen? Hobby- reading which book has impacted you? Why HR after Engg.?
- Excerpts From Interview 7: (A 99.09%iler in CAT and 97.4 in SNAP with B.Tech in Mechanical with academic profile as 78.5% in Graduation, 83% in 12th and 95.2% in 10th).Which speciality would you take? What about HR? Training-What have you learnt? State some of your hobbies?
- Excerpts From Interview 8: (A 69%iler in SNAP and 62 in TISS having 52% in BDS, 86% in 12th and 88% in 10th). Why do you do this course? Pros & cons of clinical dentistry and hospital administration. Better Post, working environment, salary – what is your priority for choosing a job? Pharma research – adequate or improvement.
- Excerpts From Interview 9: (A 85%iler in SNAP with Graduation in B. Tech (CSE) with academic profile as 72.3% in Graduation, 85% in 12th and 89.9% in 10th). Hobby – drawing – kind? Name, Stream, why MBA? Are you placed? Why not? If you are disqualified, what will you do?
- Excerpts From Interview 10: (A 95.8%iler in XAT with B. Tech (CSE) and work experience of 9 months with academic profile as CGPA 6.87 in Graduation, 84.8% in 12th and 90.2% in 10th). Introduce Yourself? What was your role in College fest? What were your responsibilities? Why Symbiosis?
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.