The process of selection at SCMHRD consists of Case Study / Group Discussions followed by Personal Interviews.
Feedback - Case Study/Group Discussion
Average Duration : 15 minutes.
No. of Panelists: 3
- A case study wherein short biographies of three Heads of States of different countries was given. Based on that it was asked to discuss what could be the characteristics of a successful political leader and statesman.
- Students were given a case study based on the profiles of three different Social Activists (Their work areas, achievements etc.). Students had to discuss the ideal characteristics a social activist must possess and reach a consensus at the end.
- The GD was on a case study where data about three bollywood actresses (background, kind of cinema they did, popularity, awards etc) was given. It was required that we reach a consensus about the three qualities required to be a good actress.
- In the case study students were given the profile of three successful entrepreneurs. One was loosely based on Narayan Murthy, the second was based on Kiran Mujumdar Shaw and the third was based on Kishore Biyani. Students had to discuss and decide the three most important qualities required for a successful entrepreneur.
SCMHRD - Interview Experiences
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration : 10-12 minutes.
No. of Panelists: 3
- Excerpts From Interview 1: Tell us something about yourself? How did you land up in Surat? What is the meaning of your surname? Tell us something about your home town? What is nanotechnology? Why not pursue M Tech.? Why do you want to pursue MBA? Where do you see yourself 5 years from now? Why not do something further in nanotechnology? Why did you join IMS Learning Systems? Why not join Wipro Technologies? Why should we select you?
- Excerpts From Interview 2: So, tell us something about your company? What is a V-Tec engine? What is the BHP rating of the Yamaha superbike R1? What is the use of a flip flop circuit? What are the uses of a transistor? What do you know about vacuum pipes and vacuum tubes? Describe your job profile? Why do you want to do MBA? Will you consider going back to your previous company after completing MBA? Tell us something about your family background?
- Excerpts From Interview 3: What did you do while you were waiting outside? Why did you pick up engineering in graduation? Why did you do it in electronics and communication? Which was your favorite subject? Describe your final year project? Since you are a fresher, why should we select you? Which specialization would you want to go for? Which other calls do you have? What if you convert all of them? Tell us something about yourself that you have heard from your friends? Describe any situation where you have depicted leadership skills?
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.
Other GDPI Preparation Links: