The process of selection at SCMHRD consists of a WAT (Essay, pictorial), Case Discussion followed by Personal Interview.
Feedback – Essay
Average Duration : 30 mins.
- Emotional Intelligence as necessary part of our lives.
- ‘Prevention is better than cure'. We should allot the health budget expenditure to preventive measures rather than cure. How far do you agree or disagree with this point of view?
- Artistic freedom, freedom of expression, is censorship justified?
- Image – UN logo, olive branches, globe with man in suit.
- A picture was there of a suited man driving the car and enjoying the drive or screaming in happiness or showing some kind of adrenaline rush.
- The picture showcased a boat in backdrop of sky scrapers and bridge lit during night time.
Feedback- Case Study/ Group Discussion
Average Duration : 15 mins
No. of Panelists :2
No. of Panelists :5
- A case was given. A Philippine immigrant working under harsh conditions in US. 3 solutions were asked.
- A video was shown in which a group of CEOs from one batch visit professor and he offers them coffee and they take the best cups. Discussion was that we know price of everything but value of nothing.
- Case study of a person with 2 year work ex , who is innovative and good performer but recently was found surfing and chatting in social networking site. Manager gave one warning but he said that I am using it for bringing innovative ideas and learning purpose and I am giving you the required work so what is the problem. Due to his adamant nature his manager 'X' escalated issue to his own senior manager 'Y'. Discuss 1) Pros and cons of using social networking in company 2) What should be course of action by Y.
SCMHRD - Interview Experiences
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration : 10-15 mins.
No. of Panelists : 3
- Excerpts From Interview 1: Introduce yourself. Tell us about the jobs you have had up to now. Roles and responsibilities. You have so much of work ex, why are you doing MBA? (cross questioning). You like to read books. Tell us about the books you have read. (cross questioning) What after MBA?
- Excerpts From Interview 2: Introduce yourself. Tell us about your company. Why did you quit? What are your long-term goals? What do you do in your free time? Why SCMHRD?
- Excerpts From Interview 3: Tell me about yourself. Why Symbiosis? Will you join your family business? Is working for NGO in fashion now days? So you like reading books. You know Coelho? What is his best seller? What is meaning of Alchemist? Are you an Alchemist in your life? Do you read newspapers? Tell me owner and editor of it. Presented a situation - you and your father have an argument and you have to decide the priority between environment, people and profit. (cross questioning). Another situation on Business Process, Customer Satisfaction, Innovation, and Profit. What if we do not select you?
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.
Other GDPI Preparation Links: