The process of selection at MDI includes a Group Discussion followed by a Personal Interview.
Feedback- Group Discussion
Average Duration : 15 mins. (3 min to think, 15 min to speak, 5 min to write down summary)
No. of Panelists : 2
No. of Participants : 10
- Is texting hampering our vocab?
- Policy paralysis
- Borderless world – a myth/ reality?
- Women in Indian politics – empowerment or tokenism.
Feedback- Personal Interview
Average Duration : 15-20 mins.
No. of Panelists : 2-4
- Excerpts From Interview 1 : (A 95.32%iler in CAT with 211 score in NMAT with profile as 72.7% in ECE, 69.2% in 12th and 85.2 in 10th) . Who is Mr. Chitkara? Explain his set-up? Who is your Role model in Business World? What is the turnover of Reliance? Why MBA if you have an established business? Why should we select you? How is the President of India elected? 3 Social and 3 environmental Barriers in communication?
- Excerpts From Interview 2 : (A 97.46%iler in CAT with 97.97 in XAT and 60.66 IIFT with 19 months work experience as computer science engineer with academic profile as CGPA 7.83, 12th -76% and 10th- 83.6). Name your Strengths and Weakness. What is your hobby? Last 5 Presidents of India. State some of the policies of AAP.
- Excerpts From Interview 3 : (A 99.09%iler in CAT and 97.4 in SNAP with B.Tech in Mechanical with academic profile as 78.5% in Graduation, 83% in 12th and 95.2% in 10th). How would you rate your GD? What is K10? 2008 Financial crisis. Relation between recession and inflation, stock market and gold prices. When did India become polio free? Pak border touches which states, rivers from India to Pakistan.
- Excerpts From Interview 4 : (A 99.4%iler in CAT with BE in ECE with 83.6% in Graduation and work experience of 21 months, 71.8% in 12th and 84.8% in 10th). Family business furniture, Labour cost. Final year project. Calls, choice? Evaluation of parameters. Difference between electronics & communication. What do you mean by Binary addition?
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.
Other GDPI Preparation Links: