The process of selection at MDI includes a Group Discussion followed by a Personnel Interview.
Feedback - Group Discussion
Average Duration : 22 mins. (2 min to think, 15 min to discuss, 5 min to write down summary)
No. of Panelists : 2
No. of Participants : 10
- Commitment or competence; which one is more important?
- Pakistan vs China which is a bigger threat to India?
- What is more important for the growth of an organization: Commitment or Competence?
- Right to recall the democratically elected representatives.
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration : 15-20 mins
No. of Panelists : 2
- Excerpts From Interview 1 : (A 98.5 CAT percentiler with 10th -92%, 12th -81% and B. Tech. in Mechanical – 61.14% and a liking for reading novels). What is the difference between diesel and petrol engine? Which car would you choose for 70 kms daily usage, give reasons to support your answer? How do you explain branding? What is Rahul Gandhi's portfolio in government? How would I go to Darjeeling from Delhi? Which is your favorite book?
- Excerpts From Interview 2 : (A 98.20 CAT percentiler with 10th -91.2%, 12th-91.8% and B.Tech. in ECE -80.06% and the candidate has played badminton at national level). Introduce yourself. Why is sports person suitable for doing MBA? What have you learnt in sports that is helpful in MBA? What is the most important thing in team games like cricket? Which newspaper do you read? What is the difference between 'The Hindu' and other newspapers? (The student mentioned his preference for Hindu). What all places The Hindu is published at and who is its editor? Tell any recent business news. What are your views on Union budget? Name three women CEOs of India.
- Excerpts From Interview 3 : (A 95.86 CAT percentiler with 96.8% in 10th, 91.6% in 12th and 78% in B. Com. honors and prizes in essay writing). Introduce yourself. Why MBA? How do you justify business leaders as Non-MBA's to MBA's? Who is the founder of flip kart and what is strategy of the company? How is Keynesian theory of Income determination relevant? Who is Montek Singh Ahluwalia? Who is the chairman of planning commission? Who is the governor of RBI? What is inflation? What is the base year for calculating inflation? Rate your performance in GD.
- Excerpts From Interview 4 : (A 99.56 CAT percentiler with 87.4% in 10th, 75.4% in 12th and 67.6% in B. Tech. ECE). Justify your point of view in the GD. Why MBA? Why MDI? What is the number of seats in Parliament? Who is the leader of Lok Sabha? What are your career goals? What do you mean by fiscal deficit? How can you help the government on that front? On what parameters would you judge a GD? Which person from your group do you think did the best in the GD? What other calls do you have?