The process of selection at MDI consists of Group Discussions followed by Personal Interviews.
Feedback - Group Discussion
Average Duration : 15 mins
No. of Panelists : 3
- Being Successful is being satisfied.
- Is the virtue of being honest, a handicap in today's world?
- Unethical practices lead to success in business.
- Should RBI only think about putting cap on inflation?
- Women reservation is beneficial for the country.
- Right to Food Bill.
- What India needs now, is Dictatorship.
- Interest rate hikes on savings accounts will decrease the profitability of banks.
MDI - Interview Experiences
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration : 10-12 mins
No. of Panelists : 3
- Excerpts From Interview 1 : Is it your first attempt at CAT? Why is your score low? What has been your biggest achievement in life so far? What projects you did in your training? What is the difference between IT and information systems? (Student had an IT background) What is the difference between a product and a service with reference to an IT company? Who founded Wipro? What is the full form of Wipro? What is Big Bang Theory? Which newspaper do you read? What are your hobbies?
- Excerpts From Interview 2 : Tell me how can a person visit Egypt in 1995 and then in 1956? How would you handle a situation where your boss is biased towards your female colleagues? What is forecasting? IPL matches how to forecast the winner? As a manager how will you forecast different situations? In how many equal parts can a sheet of A4 size paper be folded? In what direction a ceiling fan and a table fan rotate? And why this difference in the directions ? Who is your favorite actress? Why do you like her? Can you name five emerging economies of the world? Which is the one in South America? What is your job role in the organization that you have worked with in your college?
- Excerpts From Interview 3 : Introduce yourself. Can you name 15 counties in Africa with their capitals? What were your exact percentiles in each section? What is inflation rate? What is whole sale index price and consumer price index?12 people on a ship have nothing to eat. It is decided that 6 would die and other 6 would eat them. On which side will you be? What is the difference between Padma Shree, Padma Bhushan and Bharat Ratna? Who got Bharat Ratna this year? What is the difference between a leader and a manager and a manager and an entrepreneur? What is GDP? How does it contribute to the economy of the country?
- Excerpts From Interview 4 : Why MBA? What is Fixed Cost, Variable Cost and Break Even point? (academic question)Why is your city Patiala famous? How would you rate your performance in the GD? What are your hobbies? Have you read Fountainhead? (candidate loved reading)Who is its author? Do you know something about the person? Which Business Magazine do you read? Which institute did you take coaching from?
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.
Other GDPI Preparation Links: