The process of selection at IIM C consists of Group Discussions followed by Personal Interviews.
Feedback - Group Discussion
Average Duration : 15 mins.
No. of Panelists: 3
- Monopoly leads to constraint of freedom.
- There is always a tomorrow.
- Gandhi v/s. Gandhi.
- Only poor people are responsible for their poverty.
- Should there be international men's day?
- 33% Reservation for woman in jobs.
- Should it be there or not?
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration : 10-12 mins
No. of Panelists: 3
- Excerpts From Interview 1: Tell us about yourself. What are you passionate about in life? (candidate said cricket and theatre). Can you name 10 captains of the Indian cricket team at various points of time? Why didn't you play cricket professionally? Which college will you join if you convert all the calls from rest of IIMs? What are the features of earthquake resistant buildings? (student was a civil engineer) What are your strengths and weaknesses? Would you give some examples to vindicate your strengths? What are you doing to overcome your weaknesses? Why MBA now? What are the Pros and Cons of doing a MBA now? What have you done in theatre? Who is the biggest theatre personality according to you in India?
- Excerpts From Interview 2: What do you know about this interview process today? Did the girl who was just interviewed tell you anything or you asked her anything? Why did you leave a brand like Microsoft and join Stryker? Draw the graph of Y = 1 / (x-1). What is ANN? You did something in NTU Singapore. What was that? In career goal you have written that you want to become an Entrepreneur? Do you have a business model in mind? What do you think is the most important skill set required to start a business: Marketing, Finance or HR? You have very less marks in verbal. Why? Didn't you get time to prepare? Did you join any coaching institute? How did you manage your time with such a demanding job?
- Excerpts From Interview 3: So, why you are here? Why is it so important to get into IIM C? You have very high CPI in graduation, while moderate level in 10th and 12th. Why? Are you working right now? Who is the founder of your company? This person got involved in some controversy. Do you know about it? You seem to have a lot of information in the field of IT. Why don't you do PhD? You are from Allahabad. Why in the past some notorious politicians came from Allahabad? Do you like Allahabad? Why? So what is your branch? What is difference between Electronics and Communication? Do you know about spectrum policy and regulation? Why spectrum policies exist? What is CDMA? What do you mean by 2G, 2.5G, and 3G? What is WiMAX?
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.