The selection process at FMS consists of a Group Discussion, an Extempore followed by a Personal Interview.
Feedback - Group Discussion
Average Duration : 12 mins.
No. of Panelists : 4
No. of Participants: 15
- Dream budget and fiscal consolidation is utopia for Indian Political Economy.
- Should the government make higher education in India free of cost?
- If winning isn't everything, why do they keep scores?
- Essence of ethical values in corporate world.
- Should trade unions be banned for economic progress.
Feedback - Extempore
Topic is given during the interview itself
Duration : 10-15 seconds for thinking and 1-2 minutes speaking
- Jago Grahak Jago
- I am an angry young man
- Means are more important than the ends
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration : 10-15 mins.
No. of Panelists : 5
- Excerpts From Interview 1 : (A 99.94 CAT percentiler with 93.16% in 10th, 82% in 12th and 73.6 % in B.E. Mech. and 6 months of work experience). What is business environment? What should the corporate do to adapt to austerity in economy? Which other calls do you have and what will you prefer and on what basis? Do you know what is the Euro crisis all about? How is India getting affected by this crises? What is fiscal deficit and what is the government of India doing to overcome this problem?
- Excerpts From Interview 2 : ( A 99.56 CAT percentiler, with 94.2% in 10th, 84.2% in 12th and 78.6 % in B.E. IT). Define consumer. What are consumer rights? What is consumerism? What is the difference between merger and acquisition? Which is biggest retail chain in India? Is FDI in retail a good idea? What are the provisions of this bill? What is your take on the coal gate? Tell me something about the 2G spectrum scandal.
- Excerpts From Interview 3 : (A 99.58 CAT percentiler and B. Tech. CSE candidate having 10th -86.4%, 12th- 83.6% and Engineering-76.4% marks and a work experience of 2.5 years with an IT company). What is fiscal deficit? What is CAD? Why the name Mohali or SAS Nagar or Ajitgarh? Name five products of HUL? Look at the table and name the companies you see? Why should we take you? Why MBA? Why not continue with your current work? Why don't you go for M. Tech.? What are the loopholes in education system in India? How many students were there in your institute? Who is your idol? Do you believe in idol worship?
- Excerpts From Interview 4 : (A 99.74 CAT percentiler and B. Tech. Chemical Engg. student having 10th -89%, 12th- 80.2% and Engineering-77.1% marks). What is stress? What is relation between stress and strain? How is a bubble formed? What is the relationship between surface tension and viscosity? What is Archimedes principle? Why do you think FMS is good? Which other calls do you have?
- Excerpts From Interview 5 : What do your friends think about you? Why did you choose MBA? One weakness of yours which you converted into a strength. Who is your role model and why? Any event in your life that has impacted you?
- Excerpts From Interview 6 : (A B.Tech. student with falling trend of marks and does not have work-ex) : Introduce yourself. What are your achievements? What do you want to become - a businessman or an entrepreneur? What will you choose to work for, -a big brand with lower salary or a small brand with higher package? What brands are you wearing right now?
- Excerpts from Interview 7 : (A B.Com. Fresher with 10th at 60%, 12th at 83% and 60% graduation ) : Different situations were given on a sheet and the student was asked to interpret each of the situations. Eg. You are going from Hyderabad to Bangalore with family, you were out too late and your room was locked by someone else and you didn't get a room. What will you do? He was cross questioned on his answers.
- Excerpts From Interview 8 : (A B.Com. Graduate with 10th at 73%, 12th at 81% and 61% graduation and 9 months of work-ex as Financial analyst in a C.A. firm) : Six situations were given and he was cross questioned on answers and views on each of the situations. Give one situation where you played a leader's role? What experience have you gained? You are Patron of church, attendance gets low and the priest is closing the church- what might be the possible problems? You are the captain of a cricket team and have only 10% winning chances. Devise a strategy to win.
- Excerpts From Interview 9 : (A B.A. Graduate with declining academics and no work-ex) : Which newspaper do you read? What kind of News do you like to read? Tell us about FDI and NCTC? What would you like to be for a day? (Rattan Tata) Why Rattan Tata? Tell us about the JLR deal? Why did Nano fail?
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.
Other GDPI Preparation Links: