The selection process at FMS consists of a Group Discussion, an Extempore followed by a Personal Interview.
Feedback - Group Discussion
Average Duration : 12 mins.
No. of Panelists : 4
- Should MBA be a substitute for work experience?
- Religion should not be a center stage in a secular state.
- Centre- state relations in India
- “Look East policy” is not beneficial for India.
Duration : 10-15 seconds for thinking and 1-2 minutes for speaking
- Power of mind
- Objectives of business
- My inspiration
- I am great
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration : 10-15 mins.
No. of Panelists : 4
- Excerpts From Interview 1 : What is the difference between delegation and empowerment? Would you take the risk of giving an important task to your subordinate knowing that he might not do well and you could incur a loss? Saying that you will give important job to a subordinate is easy, but have you ever done that? Who invented Double Entry Book Keeping? (commerce background) What is value of firm? What is market capitalization? What is difference between book value and market value? In which language accountancy was first established?
- Excerpts From Interview 2 : Give 3 reasons why you choose FMS? Give 3 reasons why we should select you? What does word Ranbaxy stand for? What does Fortis stand for? Ranbaxy is under which management? (dad working in Ranbaxy).What is the difference between innovator and generic pharma company? When a prescription says take 15 ml each in morning, noon, evening, why do they specify amount? Why can't we take 45ml at one time? What was project Synergy between Ranbaxy and Daiichi?
- Excerpts From Interview 3 : How would you rate your GD? Why MBA in specific field? (wanted marketing only) Which other calls? Does your college provide campus placement? So where FMS stands in your list? If given a chance to change your name what name you will keep and why? Difference between entrepreneur and businessman?
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.
Other GDPI Preparation Links: