The selection process at FMS consists of a Group Discussion, an Extempore followed by a Personal Interview
Feedback - Group Discussion
Average Duration : 12 mins.
No. of Panelists : 5
- Ecological balance has vanished in modern civilization.
- Automation helps the poor and the illiterate.
- WTO is for India's benefit.
- Gender Equality will be a reality in the 21st century.
- My Favorite Season.
- Powerful minds devise powerful strategies.
- Journey is more important than destination Prem Chopra.(candidate's surname was Chopra )
- Women make better managers than men.
Feedback – Personal Interview
Average Duration : 10-15 mins.
No. of Panelists : 4
- Excerpts From Interview 1 : Why do you sleep a lot? (He said that during the extempore) Where else you have calls from? Why didn't you join the B-school in your college? (The college from where he did his graduation also had a B- School) Tell me three reasons to do MBA from a B-school. Tell me what is the difference between MIS and DS? So you have studied Industrial Engineering? What is operations research? What is your job profile? Tell me the difference between hub, switch and router and where do you use all this. Suppose tomorrow Aishwarya Rai comes to you saying that she is fed up of Abhishek Bachchan and wants to marry you. What will you do? What advice will you give to Aishwarya?
- Excerpts From Interview 2 : Why management after engineering from BITS Pilani? What are your Interests? Why don't you choose football as career? Top level management is all about money right? Name top chemical companies. What does Du Pont manufacture? What is the Recent Book that you have read? (Seven Habits of Highly Effective People) Name3 habits in that book
- Excerpts From Interview 3 : What have you done in your graduation? Tell me what is microelectronics? What are the books you will recommend to me for reading? (Brief History of Time and Made in America) Who suggested you these books? What is your destination? (related with candidate's extempore topic) Do you have any other call?
- Excerpts From Interview 4 : Brief Introduction. Why social entrepreneurship? Name some social entrepreneurs. Which area for social entrepreneurship? Difference between microfinance and microcredit Who is the CIC of India? Name 3 generations of computers. (candidate was an IT graduate) What do you want to do in the area of RTI?
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.