The selection process at BIMTECH consists of Essay writing, Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
Feedback - Essay Writing
Average Duration : 10 mins.
Word Limit: 300
- What cannot be measured cannot be managed.
- FDI in retail- Boon or Bane?
- Youth coming out for protests will make the real difference
- An investment in knowledge pays the best interest- Benjamin Franklin.
- Global warming- Real or Fake?
Feedback - Group Discussion
Average Duration : 20 mins.
No. of Panelists : 2-3
No. of Participants: 10
- Ethics in business is impossible.
- Should Euthanasia be legalized in India?
- Indian Villages- our strength or weakness.
- Should Pakistani players and artists be allowed in India?
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration : 25 mins
No. of Panelists : 2
- Excerpts From Interview 1 : (A student with 89.84 percentile in CAT, with B.Com. in graduation. Had scored 90.6% in 10th, 93.8% in 12th and 80% in B.com and her name means Goddess of wealth). What is the meaning of your name? What are the gold and silver rates in the country? How much quantity is measured for these rates? Do you consume alcohol? Why don’t you? Why is it used for medicine? What are your hobbies? Why MBA and how will it help you in achieving your goals in life?
- Excerpts From Interview 2 : (A 86.97 CAT percentiler. B.Tech. in CSE with 80.46 %, 10th -93.4% and 12th -86.2%. Likes operating systems in specific and software engineering in general. Wants to be entrepreneur). Which branch you want to pursue? (Marketing) Sell the napkin box assuming it is a jewellery box? Why did you lessen the price to one-third of the starting price of the box? What did you do apart from studying in the college? What mistakes you committed while organizing different events? What does your NGO do? What role do you play? Do you think it is worth working in a NGO?
- Excerpts From Interview 3 : (A 87.97 CAT percentiler with 10th -87%, 12th -90.6% and B.E. Mechanical–73.64%). (The student had a list of questions in front of him provided by the panel. He was asked to read them, think for 5 minutes and then answer); for instance, How would you react when your company is asked to be sold? Why MBA? Which branch of MBA are you interested in? Who is finance minister of India? What are your long term goals?
- Excerpts From Interview 4 : (A 93.47 CAT percentiler with 10th -77.41%, 12th -62.40% and B.Tech. Mechanical–8.65 CGPA and is a technical blogger and plays sports). What is the name of your blog? What you write in that. Tell two alternate uses of stapler? You have been in the campus for the last 2 hours, suggest what can be improved? Your father is a businessman, so why MBA; Join him? What are your hobbies? What have you learnt from sports that can be helpful in MBA also? Name 5 CEO’s? What is the contribution of various sectors to India’s GDP? Tell us about your present college.
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.
Other GDPI Preparation Links: