The selection process at New IIMs consists of Essay writing (WAT) followed by Personal Interview.
Feedback - Essay Writing
Average Duration: 20 mins
Words: 250-300 words
- Rise of obesity in urban India and its causes, effects and solutions.
- Alarming pollution levels in Delhi, affecting adults and children alike. The menace of air pollution is spreading across cities across India. Why is this happening, and provide solutions.
- Despite the fact that Bollywood films are increasingly presenting women centric films, do you think that there has been a change in the perception of the role of women in the Indian society? Give reasons for your response.
- Social media sites giving different perspective to news govt should censor them or not give ur views
Top Interview Preparation Links:
Feedback Personal Interview
Average Duration: 20-25 mins.
No. of Panelists: 3
- Excerpts From Interview 1: (CAT: 99.71%ile, 10th: 92 12th: 72 graduation: 69, work ex: 18 months)- Tell me what is the mood outside, what are the students talking about, What feedback did you receive from the previous interviewees, It’s so late, are people cursing us, What inspires you, You did not hear the question, I asked who motivates you, what are your hobbies, what have you done to give back to society, so why are you marks low(read 72%) in 12th ? you have done well in ICSE(read 92) considered tough and not so well in CBSE, Why MBA, What are the 4p's of marketing, what would you do if you don’t get through this year, What is your CAT percentile.
- Excerpts From Interview 2: Maths Question: Find the altitude of a triangle with sides 7,4 and 12,
- What is science, Draw the Bending Moment Diagram of a point load on a cantilever beam, Who is the PM of Germany, What is going to be the next step after Brexit in the near future for Britain, Why MBA after Civil Engineering, Why we should not select you, Tell me about your research papers. Explain your research and results, Did you see Wolf of Wall Street, (5 minutes discussion on Wolf of Wall Street, details, dialogues, scenes, acting etc.), Sell me a pen.
- Excerpts From Interview 3: Tell me about yourself , You are a bcom graduate so why mba, You’re so specific about Unilever, there are many industries, Questions about new product by the company, What’s unique in this, What did you studying statistics what things u should keep in your mind while collecting data, What is mean median definition, Calculate mean median and mode, What is elasticity , What is infinite elasticity, Make graph of this, Will it be flatter or carved or what we put on x and y axis, What is NPV, Why didn’t participate in any extra activities, Who is defence minister, Who is the lok sabha speaker.
Other GDPI Preparation Links: